Spectator takes Rory's Club

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, who the hell came up with that one. If you say that out loud it doesn't sound like Aberdeen it sounds like "a burden" to me.

I used to work for Prudential the marketing guys go the name switched to Pru with a ladies head as the logo

Ladies and Prudential! I would agree my wife fitted the dictionary definition of prudential but it certainly would not fit my daughter:ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I wonder if Security people are having kittens tonight thinking about what could have happened...ok, it was only a drunk with no idea what he was doing but...
Obviously you can't "cage" the players from the fans on the course but it wouldn't surprise me if more checks are bought in.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve just watched it on a bigger screen, looks like he was going to use his head cover as a ball at one point!

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Even if it was a joke action should be taken, otherwise it sends a message that it's ok to the other prats out there.
The incident with Chris Whitty was clearly a bit of "laddish buffoonery" but people shouldn't have to tolerate these idiots.

TigerTime

Visit site
I'm more annoyed that he missed the cut and now I won't get to see him in the flesh tomorrow.

Just kidding. Security need a word with themselves and a review of how it happened and the idiot should be banned from future events.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The guy was taken to a hospital in Edinburgh, so probably not well mentally.
It's interesting you say that - I read a comment on the video on Twitter, from a guy who has an autistic son. He said that the way this guy acted was the kind of thing he could see his son doing. Going to a golf event, his son seeing the shiny clubs and then deciding he wanted to play too.

Obviously it is a two-way street. He could have been a nasty bloke with a knife, in which case things could have been very different. In America, there is no way the situation would have been handled like that.

I actually think McIlroy, Rahm and the caddy were just really shocked, and didn't realise what was going on. Fair play to the security guard/marshall when he did get there - maybe he noticed something about the guy seemed a bit off and he needed someone to talk to, as opposed to bundling him to the floor.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It's interesting you say that - I read a comment on the video on Twitter, from a guy who has an autistic son. He said that the way this guy acted was the kind of thing he could see his son doing. Going to a golf event, his son seeing the shiny clubs and then deciding he wanted to play too.

Obviously it is a two-way street. He could have been a nasty bloke with a knife, in which case things could have been very different. In America, there is no way the situation would have been handled like that.

I actually think McIlroy, Rahm and the caddy were just really shocked, and didn't realise what was going on. Fair play to the security guard/marshall when he did get there - maybe he noticed something about the guy seemed a bit off and he needed someone to talk to, as opposed to bundling him to the floor.

Like you say, still not great that he got that close to the players, hopefully if he isn’t well mentally he gets the help he needs.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am of the ilk he should of been arrested. Yup he probably did it as a “ laugh”. But it could of been far worse.
For what? What law has he broken? And has now been pointed out if it is some kind of mental health issue then it looks like it was dealt with far better than could have been by some big burly security meathead