Solheim Cup 2024

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Unheard of but I'm tempted to turn over and try again tomorrow.

I fear a thrashing.

Commentators are horrific.
Don't think it will be any better tomorrow. I did say I feared we'd get thrashed and so far it's not looking good. You'd think with the amount of personnel Sky golf has they could have mustered some decent commentators

Mandofred

Visit site
It’s why I rarely watch PGA Tour coverage, unless Sky provide the commentary. I can’t abide American sports coverage. Sorry, it’s just not to my taste at all.
I can't stand any commentary at all. I don't watch much sport....but jeez, I wish they would just shut up for a few seconds. The rules must be set in stone that there shall not be more than a half second without someone just blabbering away....the same stuff over and over. No dead air time. I tape the big bicycle races and then just watch the last part of each stage.....blabbering. It would be more entertaining if they were allowed to have a few glasses of wine during the program. It might actually get interesting.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I can't stand any commentary at all. I don't watch much sport....but jeez, I wish they would just shut up for a few seconds. The rules must be set in stone that there shall not be more than a half second without someone just blabbering away....the same stuff over and over. No dead air time. I tape the big bicycle races and then just watch the last part of each stage.....blabbering. It would be more entertaining if they were allowed to have a few glasses of wine during the program. It might actually get interesting.

David Gower was the worst for it when he was part of Sky’s cricket broadcasts. He patently failed the appreciate that the art of good commentary, just occasionally, involved letting the action speak for itself.

He simply never stopped talking.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just feel the US commentators overegg everything and sound like they're on the brink of some ad spiel - which they usually are.

Ciganda out first. It's going to be a long day but clearly hoping Nelly gets frustrated.

D-S

Visit site
It always irritates me when they go on about pairings. If they win it’s about the pairing, if they lose it’s the chemistry of the pairing.
If they play better than the oppos they win, if the opposition plays worse or have less luck they win - simple.
They never say what a brilliant pairing but they lost or what a terrible pairing but they won.
Classic 20/20 or 100% hindsight.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
David Gower was the worst for it when he was part of Sky’s cricket broadcasts. He patently failed the appreciate that the art of good commentary, just occasionally, involved letting the action speak for itself.

He simply never stopped talking.
To be fair to Gower I'm sure this was an editorial decision, enforced by the director. It was a route Sky decided to go down, no dead air. I doubt he would have had a say in it.

It isn't for me, I miss Jim Laker, Richie Benaud, guys who only spoke when it added something.

Sadly, it's the same with football commentary as well now. 'Just shut up' is something I frequently mutter to myself when watching matches 😠

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much better start today. Not sure if we're playing (putting) better or them less so. IF we can get a 3-1 scoreline this morning it's still game on.