Solheim Cup 2024

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just looked at today's pairings and never heard of 8 ladies, so checked the World Rankings and 31 of the top 50 are not European or USA.
Of course not. Asian ladies rule the roos in the ladies game. I wonder how they can be so dominant in the ladies side of things but the men don't seem to have the same impact on the world stage to the same degree. I guess more competition in the male game

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Of course not. Asian ladies rule the roos in the ladies game. I wonder how they can be so dominant in the ladies side of things but the men don't seem to have the same impact on the world stage to the same degree. I guess more competition in the male game

A couple of years military national service might have something to do with it

(that and a huge amount was spent in some countries on practice/range facilities about 30 years ago and women took advantage)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A couple of years military national service might have something to do with it

(that and a huge amount was spent in some countries on practice/range facilities about 30 years ago and women took advantage)
Forgot about that still being compulsory in many countries. I am also guessing it may be easier to get into the US college system for the ladies than the men

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What time do they tee off?
Morning foursome matches (alternate shot) - From 12:05pm (UK time)

Match 1: Esther Henseleit and Charley Hull vs Nelly Korda and Allisen Corpuz

Match 2: Celine Boutier and Albane Valenzuela vs Rose Zhang and Lauren Coughlin

Match 3: Emily Pedersen and Maja Stark vs Ally Ewing and Jennifer Kupcho

Match 4: Linn Grant and Carlota Giganda vs Lilia Vu and Sarah Schmelzel

Afternoon fourball matches (better ball) - From 5:05pm (UK time)

Day Two: Saturday September 14

Morning foursome matches (alternate shot) -

From 12:05pm (UK time)

Afternoon fourball matches (better ball) -

From 5:05pm (UK time)

Day Three: Sunday September 15

Singles

From 1:50pm (UK time)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Forgot about that still being compulsory in many countries. I am also guessing it may be easier to get into the US college system for the ladies than the men
The college system and it’s competitions are very highly competitive. More US lads are in the Top 50 of the WAGR (27) than US girls in their WAGR Top 50 (20)…but with 15 European girls in the Top 50 they are not too unrepresented.

But it is the case that if you get into a good and successful sports college and a regular team place, you get exposure to lots of highly competitive top level golf - and fewer European girls manage that.

Whether that has anything to do with the current standard of European Women Pros (they seem good) I don’t know, but I’m not seeing many recent graduates from the college game make a big impact on the women’s pro game. Maybe that’ll change in the coming few years as the Curtis Cup showed that there is a good crop coming through.