So flippin mad with myself

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played in a seven man comp today. All the lads were former employees at the pit were I worked and are members at Norwood.
We never chose the format until we got there. But the course had its own 18 hole medal comp. two of us said play the medal, but four others said play a Stableford as the greens have been tinned this week so a good score was not possible. The other guy who wanted to play in the medal played the medal and counted his Stableford score for our comp.

18 holes later he had done nowt and will be dropped 0.1.

However me, playing off 21, I shot 42 for the front nine = 22 points, a further 46 on the back nine = 19 points meant i shot 88. My first ever sub 90 round at Norwood, 41 points.

i have never parred more than two holes on the spin and parred four with a lip out on the ninth which would of give me 5.

i parred five holes in total, three of the four par threes.

88 - 21 would of given me a 67, which in turn would of given me a reduction of 2.0.

SO WHY THE FLIPPIN ECK DID I NOT PLAY IN THE MEDAL COMP.

it is the first time this year I have not played in a comp.
i won forty quid for winning the comp, a nearest the pin and nearest the pin in two on the par 4 8th.

i started a post a month or two ago about how close are you to the round of yer life, and I said I felt am close. Well I was, and I did, but did not enter our medal comp. flippin gutted.

off to bed in a bit for a sulk.

D

Deleted member 15344

Played in a seven man comp today. All the lads were former employees at the pit were I worked and are members at Norwood.
We never chose the format until we got there. But the course had its own 18 hole medal comp. two of us said play the medal, but four others said play a Stableford as the greens have been tinned this week so a good score was not possible. The other guy who wanted to play in the medal played the medal and counted his Stableford score for our comp.

18 holes later he had done nowt and will be dropped 0.1.

However me, playing off 21, I shot 42 for the front nine = 22 points, a further 46 on the back nine = 19 points meant i shot 88. My first ever sub 90 round at Norwood, 41 points.

i have never parred more than two holes on the spin and parred four with a lip out on the ninth which would of give me 5.

i parred five holes in total, three of the four par threes.

88 - 21 would of given me a 67, which in turn would of given me a reduction of 2.0.

SO WHY THE FLIPPIN ECK DID I NOT PLAY IN THE MEDAL COMP.

it is the first time this year I have not played in a comp.
i won forty quid for winning the comp, a nearest the pin and nearest the pin in two on the par 4 8th.

i started a post a month or two ago about how close are you to the round of yer life, and I said I felt am close. Well I was, and I did, but did not enter our medal comp. flippin gutted.

off to bed in a bit for a sulk.

It's easy without a card in the hand - there was no pressure on you and it was a roll up

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm no psychologist but I am guessing you are mad at yourself now so next time if you don't do well in a medal you can blame the time you didn't play in one.

Better to take the positives from the out if competition round into the next competitive one than take along bad or negative feelings.

If you think that was a missed opportunity your mind will go out to make that statement true...

Tashyboy

Visit site
It's easy without a card in the hand - there was no pressure on you and it was a roll up

I would of said it was the opposite, I bust a gut to beat me pals (seven man comp) and have probably never been as focused on a golf course. ( summat I should try again).

it was strange but my course/hole management was how it should be, not going for stupid shots trying to bend it round a dogleg 200yd. Coming off with two points feeling justified. Playing percentage golf keeping it ticking over.

When I counted be card in the clubhouse I was gutted, there was a dozen lads in there saying well done etc etc, well you blitzed the medal comp. Er I dint enter. Cue roars of laughter and much (Micky taking from the lads).

PS, cheers for the comments ladies and gents.👍😘

D

Deleted member 15344

I would of said it was the opposite, I bust a gut to beat me pals (seven man comp) and have probably never been as focused on a golf course. ( summat I should try again).

it was strange but my course/hole management was how it should be, not going for stupid shots trying to bend it round a dogleg 200yd. Coming off with two points feeling justified. Playing percentage golf keeping it ticking over.

When I counted be card in the clubhouse I was gutted, there was a dozen lads in there saying well done etc etc, well you blitzed the medal comp. Er I dint enter. Cue roars of laughter and much (Micky taking from the lads).

PS, cheers for the comments ladies and gents.👍😘

That's not pressure though - having your HC on the line when playing in a qualifier is something that can't be recreated

It's why nearly everyone can score well in a non qualifier but struggles in medals etc

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's not pressure though - having your HC on the line when playing in a qualifier is something that can't be recreated

It's why nearly everyone can score well in a non qualifier but struggles in medals etc

You are obviously correct in your cold assessment but why be so mean spirited and dash tashys achievement.
He says he got lots of stick in the bar from his pals.
He did play a very fine round of golf however you look at it and that is always a positive position.
Dewsweeper

D

Deleted member 15344

You are obviously correct in your cold assessment but why be so mean spirited and dash tashys achievement.
He says he got lots of stick in the bar from his pals.
He did play a very fine round of golf however you look at it and that is always a positive position.
Dewsweeper

I'm not "dashing" his achievement - it's a good round of golf playing socially.

It's the thinking that if played in the medal would be the same result - when 99.999999% of the time it isn't

Tashyboy

Visit site
Thing is phil, that its probably the first round I have played for months that was not a nine or 18 hole Stableford or medal, but was as intense playing me ex workmates. Trev who was in our three ball is my regular PP. Dave was the guy who dicked me good and proper in the matchplay comp I arranged through the pit comp.
in essence 7 balls went in me hat and our three were drawn out.
i was determined not to play rubbish again and playing him sort of got me
" focused" strange thing is I played well and he sort of buckled so happy days.

me bro came round today and got some coal off me. I bored him with the same story and he said " yeah but you would a been crap if you had played in the comp" cheers bro.

bottom line is age loads of positives to take out of yesterday.

missis Tash has got back from Ireland today from her "Phalanx" holding course, shown her my mini glass vase I won. She said that will look nice with peanuts in it. cheers love, glad yer home