Thoughts please

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tash arranged a 48 day comp today. Format was a four man team, best 2 from 4. All to score on the 18th. Play off white, yellow, red. Repeat. yellow tee handicap. Alongside this was an individual comp. For the first time this year without telling anyone I had a worst prize for the lowest score. I never told anyone as it is not all about the winning but everyone having a chance. EG,No longest drive, nearest the shortest par four in two etc.

However two lads shot 24 points. So how how would you determine who is the worst. If it’s 36 points that’s won on count-back, you would do the best back 3,6 or nine. But would you have the highest back nine to win with the worst score or the worst back nine. There was 48 of us there and we didn’t know.

We gave it to the 4 handicapper who plays at Worksop who said out greens were brutal. He was ripped to bits. Funnily enough there was £10 prize money left over so a card Was pulled out and player C in the team won the £10. It was him. He really got some serious leg pulling.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd go for the usual countback as is the norm for a tiebreaker

After all it's still to see who wins a 'prize' or title (even if undesired)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wish I had thought of that, I lost four in total, three in three holes. Two in two shots in the water. 😖
I feel your pain combination of hard bumpy fairways and thick rough mean any ball is a temporary possession at the moment and normally I'm too short to lose many.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
That a seriously long comp Tash.
It works really well. Most of the guys are over 60. The yellow and red tees help. But oddly enough. Some of the guys struggles off the red tees. Thinking I can cut a corner. Hit it longer. It never happened 😁