Snow Watch

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Massive thaw with us today but not enough to save our first big all club comp that was scheduled for tomorrow. Now will happen when they can get a slot for it later in the season.

Though might just be able to get out on Monday but it will be back to splish-splashing around again. British weather is so depressing and unpredictable. :(

Same here. Can see the grass in the back garden and the roads much better. Starting to rain so I guess ice could be an issue tomorrow morning. I might wander up the club and see how the practice ground is looking and clip a few away if I can

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Been snowing for over an hour again and looks set for a few more hours still!

What it like in Croydon area?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did some path clearing yesterday. I woke up this morning and asked myself "why?", the rain last night and sun this morning has done the job anyway.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Anyone give me an idea what the roads are like in & around Gillingham, Kent?

I know the thaw has started in quite a few areas but I don't want to attempt anything too early if it's still an issue & side roads are difficult to drive on.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Anyone give me an idea what the roads are like in & around Gillingham, Kent?

I know the thaw has started in quite a few areas but I don't want to attempt anything too early if it's still an issue & side roads are difficult to drive on.

My cousins in medway are heading to see the missus today and havent cancelled so i presume they're ok. Gimme 20 mins and i'll see if i can get hold of em.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
definitely beginning to shift here, hopefully will be able to get a game midweek, but am guessing it's going to be very very wet.

Amazing the difference of a few miles. No thaw here, it's currently snowing as well 😱. Hopefully you can blow your extra few degrees a few miles north, please.

How will Arcot cope with the thaw? Will it not be mighty soggy or will you go links?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Amazing the difference of a few miles. No thaw here, it's currently snowing as well 😱. Hopefully you can blow your extra few degrees a few miles north, please.

How will Arcot cope with the thaw? Will it not be mighty soggy or will you go links?

Where?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
definitely beginning to shift here, hopefully will be able to get a game midweek, but am guessing it's going to be very very wet.

Are you kidding....??
Still 3 inches of snow in my garden

No course in Newcastle will be open midweek that's for sure.

Plus when it does eventually thaw out, most places will be bogs

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Amazing the difference of a few miles. No thaw here, it's currently snowing as well . Hopefully you can blow your extra few degrees a few miles north, please.

I'd imagine it will be very wet when it reopens, but it's been drying up reasonably well this winter, so hopefully a few dry days and it will not be too bad by then end of the week. Will have a look on TOT for somewhere a bit drier for a midweek game.

Haven't played for a week and am itching to get out. On the plus side, my snooker has improved as a result of playing 3 times this week!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are you kidding....??
Still 3 inches of snow in my garden

No course in Newcastle will be open midweek that's for sure.

Plus when it does eventually thaw out, most places will be bogs

I guess it depends where you are. I'm near the coast, it's forecast to be 5 degrees today and 6 for the rest of the week. I can see most of the pavement outside the house, so it's definitely shifting.

Our place has a policy that it only closes for snow and ice, it's open no matter how wet it is. Can't say I fully agree with it, but I am expecting ours to be open again towards the end of the week.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You can almost watch it melting here..
Almost completely gone.
If anywhere open today they'll be very wet but I predict business as usual from tomorrow.
Temperatures around 5/6° and virtually no rain forecast....
Spring is coming
Hurrah!!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess it depends where you are. I'm near the coast, it's forecast to be 5 degrees today and 6 for the rest of the week. I can see most of the pavement outside the house, so it's definitely shifting.

Our place has a policy that it only closes for snow and ice, it's open no matter how wet it is. Can't say I fully agree with it, but I am expecting ours to be open again towards the end of the week.

I take on board the fact you live nearer the coast, so will be different to my location, but any course in Newcastle that opens this week will be unplayable
Your home course, Arcot, a nice course and one that I like, is a terrible draining course, if it were to open this week it would be madness.

I live a couple of miles from Close House.
Check out their Facebook page, and the photos/videos that they posted just yesterday.
Very little snow has shifted up this way yet......

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I take on board the fact you live nearer the coast, so will be different to my location, but any course in Newcastle that opens this week will be unplayable
Your home course, Arcot, a nice course and one that I like, is a terrible draining course, if it were to open this week it would be madness.

The committee decided they were fed up with people complaining the course should be open when it was closed, or vice versa, so they decided to "let the course police itself" in their words. The view is that if the course is really bad, no-one will want to play it, so no real harm done.

Not a decision I agree with, but there you go.