Smart TV And Kodi

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm looking for a new TV for the bedroom and I was thinking about getting a smart TV that I could install Kodi on to save moving the Firestick upstairs and downstairs (minor inconvenience I know, but if I can avoid it I will).

Do I need to find a smart TV that runs on android to be able to find and install Kodi, or will any one do, and are they as quick (processor etc) as the Firestick?

Any recommendations?
It wants to be screen size 32", no bigger than 820 x 440 x 70, and cheap :D

Thanks

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm looking for a new TV for the bedroom and I was thinking about getting a smart TV that I could install Kodi on to save moving the Firestick upstairs and downstairs (minor inconvenience I know, but if I can avoid it I will).

Do I need to find a smart TV that runs on android to be able to find and install Kodi, or will any one do, and are they as quick (processor etc) as the Firestick?

Any recommendations?
It wants to be screen size 32", no bigger than 820 x 440 x 70, and cheap :D

Thanks

If you can run a HDMI cable from the stick via a 2 way splitter to your bedroom, problem solved. the remote will still work the same.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone on here know much about Android boxes? Could do with some help with mine as after working fine and allowing us to watch live sport, latest films etc, almost all the add ons no longer function and I can't get anything.

PM me if you are a techy willing to help someone who is most definitely not!

Cheers.

Lambchops

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone on here know much about Android boxes? Could do with some help with mine as after working fine and allowing us to watch live sport, latest films etc, almost all the add ons no longer function and I can't get anything.

Cheers.

I suspect you were using a loaded box with a build on - these add-ons are most likely finished now. What add-ons were you using?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Cheers.
Try clearing your kodi data and then installing a wizard such as wookie or ares

Not sure what box you have but this should give you an idea :

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/clear-cache-xbmc-spmc-kodi-guide/

Then install the wizard :

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

or
https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

Lambchops

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Then install the build you like.
I use pulse.
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-pulse-ccm-build-kodi/

add-ons are usually updated automatically in the builds.

If he just uses a couple of add-ons I'd just keep it light and add them individually - Exodus, SALTS, Phoenix and a decent Maint tool should be enough for all his movie and tv show needs - maybe sportsmania if he wants a decent sports subscription as well (they also have a cracking sports build)

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers guys, will have a look at the links and posts.
I have used various add ons including Genesis, Gorilla Streams 2.0; Ice Films; Phoenix and Uk Turk.

I use Virgin and some add ons are seemingly blocked, although those above seem to open, but won't load any content. I am using an mBOX Android box.

Cheers, will let you know how I get on!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Brilliant guys, have followed your advice and installed Pulse. Movies and TV shows seems to be fine based on a quick look.
Any thoughts on Sports, couldn't get Sky via Genesis, Exodus or SALT and can't seem to access Sportsmania. Haven't tried UK Turk yet as that used to work for me.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brilliant guys, have followed your advice and installed Pulse. Movies and TV shows seems to be fine based on a quick look.
Any thoughts on Sports, couldn't get Sky via Genesis, Exodus or SALT and can't seem to access Sportsmania. Haven't tried UK Turk yet as that used to work for me.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Mobdro is about the best at the moment for sport.