Firestick/Kodi Help Please

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is my son's firestick, and the problem makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had the same thing, or has any ideas.

When you click on Kodi, it looks like it's loading but then jumps back to the Amazon home page.
After you've done this once it doesn't even look like it's loading the next time you try to open it. The screen goes blank for a second then jumps back to the home page.
If you clear the cache it will load the kodi logo again the next time you try to open it, but then jump back to home.

On my tv it works fine! :confused:

Plug it back in his tv and the same problem occurs.

We've tried unplugging everything else from his tv, and turned off any game controllers 'just in case'.

I am out of ideas, can anyone help or offer suggestions?

Thanks.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is my son's firestick, and the problem makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has had the same thing, or has any ideas.

When you click on Kodi, it looks like it's loading but then jumps back to the Amazon home page.
After you've done this once it doesn't even look like it's loading the next time you try to open it. The screen goes blank for a second then jumps back to the home page.
If you clear the cache it will load the kodi logo again the next time you try to open it, but then jump back to home.

On my tv it works fine! :confused:

Plug it back in his tv and the same problem occurs.

We've tried unplugging everything else from his tv, and turned off any game controllers 'just in case'.

I am out of ideas, can anyone help or offer suggestions?

Thanks.

Is streaming Kodi not now been deamed illegal & you can possibly face up to 10 years in jail?

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it runs on yours ok then not an OS error, does he use a games console on his tv?
could be a hdmi setting issue ? when's the last time it ran ok ?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it runs on yours ok then not an OS error, does he use a games console on his tv?
could be a hdmi setting issue ? when's the last time it ran ok ?

It's been backwards and forwards between mine and his all afternoon. Every time works on mine and not on his.

What I don't understand is that the firestick doesn't need the tv, so in theory it's working without being plugged in to the hdmi port.
I tried clicking it without being connected to the tv but the picture doesn't appear quick enough once you plug it back in to see if it's temporarily worked.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He does use a games console but in an effort to see if anything was messing with it we unplugged everything else so the firestick was the only thing connected and on.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you got another device that works on hdmi , just to check the port is working, one of mine packed it so now have a splitter for 3 into 1
just a thought.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have you got another device that works on hdmi , just to check the port is working, one of mine packed it so now have a splitter for 3 into 1
just a thought.

I'll ask him to try his games console in it, but the port is working in as much as it received the signal from the firestick. It's just that the firestick/Kodi is playing up.
His Netflix account and other things he has on it work ok.

Thanks for the suggestions though, much appreciated.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
😂😂😂
Cant see them having room for 30 million prisoners for 10 years. They are clamping down on the folk selling the boxes. Too widespread to clamp the users[/QUOTE

wouldn't like to take the chance so I will continue to pay for my subscriptions. But fair play to anyone who uses it

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

That is exactly the problem, except that I could tell the OP there that it isn't his internet that's the problem.

Just been through the settings on his tv and can't find an option for resolution, only aspect ratio.
We tried all of those but still the same :(

Thanks for the link though, glad it isn't just me.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
wouldn't like to take the chance so I will continue to pay for my subscriptions. But fair play to anyone who uses it

I just had a look at the legitimate add-ons available through kodi's official repository, and there must be at least 300.
Some of them will be available elsewhere, but lots won't.

Kodi isn't the problem, it's the add ons for it that stream from dodgy websites, and it's not those that are causing my problem.

How do I know this? Because none of them are installed.

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That is exactly the problem, except that I could tell the OP there that it isn't his internet that's the problem.

Just been through the settings on his tv and can't find an option for resolution, only aspect ratio.
We tried all of those but still the same :(

Thanks for the link though, glad it isn't just me.

What tv is it?