Hiding cables on wall mounted tv

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a cheap TV but fine for the bedroom. Not worth buying a new one for.

I've watched a few helpful Americans and I think a bit of screwfix trunking is starting to look more attractive. If it was in the living room it would be worth getting someone in to do it properly but it's looking overly complicated for me, for what it is.

No more nails for the trunking to the wall?
Forget Screwfix..TLC Direct
Thats where I would go;)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

I've watched a few helpful Americans and I think a bit of screwfix trunking is starting to look more attractive. If it was in the living room it would be worth getting someone in to do it properly but it's looking overly complicated for me, for what it is.

Trunking comes with a sticky backing just pull of the cover, or you can get it without the sticky back and just fix it with a few drywall screws.

Last edited:

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Bedroom? Is it possible to run the cables up from the alcove, through the ceiling into the loft then drop down behind the tv?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bedroom? Is it possible to run the cables up from the alcove, through the ceiling into the loft then drop down behind the tv?
That's a clever idea but I'd still end up having to enclose the wires dropping down from the ceiling to the back of the TV. I'm also not 100% that the cables would be long enough. I might end up over engineering a solution that is simple to resolve, albeit not quite as slick.

I'm going to use some D-Line trunking for the cables, thanks to whoever it was on page 1 suggested screwfix for that, but this has given me food for thought for future. Downstairs TV is on a tv table stand but as TV's get bigger they become harder to fit on them. The next TV may go on a wall and this has given me ideas for how to hide those cables.