Slow play

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Forest Pines on Monday as a two ball, we got round 2 x 9's in around 3 1/4 hrs, it was like we had the place to ourselves, we caught another two ball up with 3 or 4 holes to play, which was a pity as we would have avoided the heavens opening as we played out the last hole. A great mornings golf on a nice course.

Sat in the bar having a pint and a meal and watching the groups coming down Forest 9th and then up the par 5 first hole of Pines. We counted 6 groups on the par 5 at one time. 5 consecutive fourballs and not one of them managed to get their tee shot more than 150 yards, with the vast majority managing less than 100 yards (they were clearly all in the same group as they were laughing and joking with each other). The rain was pretty constant by then, the next group through, who seemed to be decent golfers, looked miserable! The weather did clear up a little shortly after which I imagine they were thankful of lol.

I guess that's 'resort' courses for you 🤷‍♂️

Swango1980

Visit site
Played at Forest Pines on Monday as a two ball, we got round 2 x 9's in around 3 1/4 hrs, it was like we had the place to ourselves, we caught another two ball up with 3 or 4 holes to play, which was a pity as we would have avoided the heavens opening as we played out the last hole. A great mornings golf on a nice course.

Sat in the bar having a pint and a meal and watching the groups coming down Forest 9th and then up the par 5 first hole of Pines. We counted 6 groups on the par 5 at one time. 5 consecutive fourballs and not one of them managed to get their tee shot more than 150 yards, with the vast majority managing less than 100 yards (they were clearly all in the same group as they were laughing and joking with each other). The rain was pretty constant by then, the next group through, who seemed to be decent golfers, looked miserable! The weather did clear up a little shortly after which I imagine they were thankful of lol.

I guess that's 'resort' courses for you 🤷‍♂️
Absolutely. We played against them in the league on a number of occasions. For those that don't know, they've 27 holes. Their players said in competitions, for the 9 holes not being used by visitors they can get round in under 2 hours easily. However, for the second 9 that is being used by visitors, it could take up to 3 hours easily.