Simple Question Regarding Cancelled Golf Break

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I removed one tweet from Twitter when they asked me to..... It wasn't what I would necessarily call abusive but I did #@&£ out a swear word. When they asked if I'd remove it, I did.

AFAIK none of my other social media posts on this matter are inaccurate or abusive.

If anyone is being inaccurate it's YGT advising customers that they don't have to offer a cash refund and that ABTA are advising them of such.

The CEO of ABTA this week did a videod interview where he confirmed that cash refunds should still be offered.

I'll find the link if anyone wants to watch.

yes please

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Btw, i totally understand YGT position on this matter from a business point. They cant refund everybody as their business model, like many other leisure business's, needs a cash flow etc.

That said, there's rules in place to cover both them and the customer which they dont seem to be sticking to on this occasion.

Do the right thing YGT and refund the punters.
The reality is though it would send them under. It's the equivalent of a run on a bank. Sympathy all round but YGT will just be trying to survive right now. They are trying to buy time. I'm not condoning their response but like you, I see why they are doing it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Surely, even if ABTA change their rules, under contract law the contracts made before the rules are changed still hold good afaik that is that a cash refund has to be made. If ABTA change their rules to allow a credit note then ABTA will completely wreck the holiday industry that they are there to protect.

D

Deleted member 1740

After listening to that I'd be prepared to give YGT til July for a full refund, under the circumstances. The booking would still be covered by ABTA, and the credit wouldn't be a credit note as we know it, so if YGT went bump you'd still get your full monies back.

This virus is affecting us all, a bit of flexibility from all parties should be given imo.

Good luck mate.

D

Deleted member 1740

Surely, even if ABTA change their rules, under contract law the contracts made before the rules are changed still hold good afaik that is that a cash refund has to be made. If ABTA change their rules to allow a credit note then ABTA will completely wreck the holiday industry that they are there to protect.

It's extending the 14 day refund period, not changing the full terms as such.

Not ideal for the punter but at least their monies are safe even if YGT went bump.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
After listening to that I'd be prepared to give YGT til July for a full refund, under the circumstances. The booking would still be covered by ABTA, and the credit wouldn't be a credit note as we know it, so if YGT went bump you'd still get your full monies back.

This virus is affecting us all, a bit of flexibility from all parties should be given imo.

Good luck mate.
I'm thinking of this option, but I'm now quite cynical as to what happens if many of those vouchers haven't been used by the end of July. Will ABTA just move the goalposts?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I received my credit note from Golfbreaks and it was for less than we payed, no response to emails and can't get anyone on the phone, I'm all for either rebooking or waiting for the cash but being screwed over is not on the cards.

how the hell does that work out?!

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm thinking of this option, but I'm now quite cynical as to what happens if many of those vouchers haven't been used by the end of July. Will ABTA just move the goalposts?

I see it as ABTA protecting their members on a short term basis, something I'd expect them to do. There's no way ABTA could shaft the punters otherwise they'd become useless.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Shame about the link ?

Some food for thought there, where your view now Kenny?

I'd need concrete proof that the deferred refund scheme is 100% protected for me to accept it. Most of my group are of the same opinion. We're going to wait to see what develops next week when our refund is due. I know others from the Whatsapp group are more insistent that they should be offered, in line with the PTR 2018, a full refund within 14 days, as is their right.

It's an imperfect situation but customers money should not be used to prop up businesses in my opinion.

Hopefully there will be clarity from ABTA, the government and YGT next week.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd need concrete proof that the deferred refund scheme is 100% protected for me to accept it. Most of my group are of the same opinion. We're going to wait to see what develops next week when our refund is due. I know others from the Whatsapp group are more insistent that they should be offered, in line with the PTR 2018, a full refund within 14 days, as is their right.

It's an imperfect situation but customers money should not be used to prop up businesses in my opinion.
G
Hopefully there will be clarity from ABTA, the government and YGT next week.

That's fair Kenny.

This is probably more common than you think throughout the leisure industry. It's certainly not ideal but circumstances dictate.

Good luck fella.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I left a review on Trust Pilot a couple of days ago, but YGT have reported it:

No refund despite coronavirus
Like many others in 2020, my trip has been disrupted due to coronavirus. This isn't the fault of Your Golf Travel, but the way they are handling it is poor to say the least. The trip has understandably been cancelled, but instead of offering a full refund like the airlines and hotel providers have, Your Golf Travel are refusing and only offering the equivalent in vouchers, or to postpone the trip to a later date. These options really don't work for me and so I'm now stuck. Lesson learned - I won't use them again and I will make sure that everyone else knows that if things go wrong, Your Golf Travel will not help you.

Here is the report:

Your Golf Travel's reason for reporting
Dear Sir,
Please can you send me your booking details ASAP as we have
no record of it and we would like to get in touch with you today..
Kind regards
Chris W

As you can see, whoever Chris W is has not left any way to contact him, eg phone number or email address. I personally think he has put the report in there to simply hide the truth, and has no real intention of talking to me at all.

I've contacted the guy I have been dealing with, telling him I am not happy at all with this action and that the report should be removed. In fairness to the guy I have been dealing with, he has been as helpful as he can be so far.

Chis W though... (n)

Kennysarmy

Visit site

Like many others in 2020, my trip has been disrupted due to coronavirus. This isn't the fault of Your Golf Travel, but the way they are handling it is poor to say the least. The trip has understandably been cancelled, but instead of offering a full refund like the airlines and hotel providers have, Your Golf Travel are refusing and only offering the equivalent in vouchers, or to postpone the trip to a later date. These options really don't work for me and so I'm now stuck. Lesson learned - I won't use them again and I will make sure that everyone else knows that if things go wrong, Your Golf Travel will not help you.

Here is the report:

Dear Sir,
Kind regards
Chris W

As you can see, whoever Chris W is has not left any way to contact him, eg phone number or email address. I personally think he has put the report in there to simply hide the truth, and has no real intention of talking to me at all.

I've contacted the guy I have been dealing with, telling him I am not happy at all with this action and that the report should be removed. In fairness to the guy I have been dealing with, he has been as helpful as he can be so far.

Chis W though... (n)

They've been trying to remove all the negative reviews! Regardless of whether they were abusive, rude or just straightforward telling the facts.

***** Part of this reply or comment has had to be deleted *****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Here is the report:

Dear Sir,
Kind regards
Chris W

Chis W though... (n)

I can’t see nothing wrong with your review.

I wouldn’t remove it.