Simple Question Regarding Cancelled Golf Break

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
If you paid by credit card and a company goes bust, you'll get back the full amount. This is absolutely not what I want, but worth noting.

D

Deleted member 1740

Good luck Kenny lad, dont fall for none of his salesman spiel.

You're in the right, a full refund is the only way to resolve this issue. If he thinks this is the best way to protect his business then I pity him.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't mess about, I'd settle for nothing less than a full cash refund. YGT knew the position when they took your money and they cannot change the terms of the contract. Any discussion on credit notes etc is likely to have you ending in a different, and less advantageous position than you currently are now.

If they go bust you will get a full refund from ABTA although it will take some time to come through, but I'd definitely not accept a credit under any circumstances

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Andrew started the call with an apology to me and all the customers affected by this situation.

He agreed as the law stands that customers are entitled to a refund within 14 days ***** Part of this reply or comment has had to be deleted *****

YGT he says are in a strong position to survive this global crisis and around 5-10% of current customers have not already agreed to rebook or accept the refund credit notes.

***** Part of this reply or comment has had to be deleted *****

He will be looking to reward those customers who stick with them to help them get through this, but he was none specific what that might be, but mentioned room upgrades, I’m sure he’d be open to suggestions!

The call ended with him agreeing to unblock my twitter account!

***** Part of this reply or comment has had to be deleted *****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Splitting the refunds into each person is weakening your position.

Stick together and take the fight to the small claims court.

I genuinely thought Andrew would have seen the issues facing you, the punter, and dropped his harsh business morals and agreed to the full refund you want, within your consumer rights.

Shame really because when I've used YGT in the past the lad (josh iirc) was great and looked after us. I certainly wont be using them again based on this and many other cases.

Good luck Kenny.

D

Deleted member 23270

In summary I don’t believe YGT are in a position to refund within 14 days everyone’s cash but they may have a small amount to prioritize to the most needy, I personally am not one of those so will most likely wait for the group bookings to be watered down to individual ones and then take my chance with the refund credit note and then take the refund in August or perhaps negotiate a ‘loyalty’ reward and rebook.
I think that is the sensible thing to do (y)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't take any credit note unless you're certain that your legal, contractual, position doesnt change. I believe a credit note is worthless if they go bust and potentially you'll get nothing. If they cant pay in 14 days maybe you'd not want to sue them and force them into liquidation, but by not pushing too hard your helping them to stay afloat but retaining the position that you currently enjoy

D

Deleted member 1740

Well the 14th day has come and almost gone and there is no sign of them agreeing to a cash refund.

Even the refund credit notes are now coming with a condition that unless they recoup their costs from 3rd parties then you still might not get your money back when you come to cash them in on 1st August.

Getting more and more likely we will need to take them to court to get our money refunded.

What did you expect Kenny when you folded like a deck of cards speaking to the main man yesterday?

There are no 3rd parties to claim money off because they havent paid non of them yet as they're on 30-60days credit terms with said courses/hotels/flights.

Stick to your guns and fight them I'm the small claims court, you will win and get your costs paid etc.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
tried ro cut and paste and ended up with what is below.

However type Your golf travel Limited into google and scroll down until you find the Company’s balance sheet. Plenty of reading

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/OWRzDH1HBT2pqhzR4NViEV80KaFDiDa-ZJfI2DwlUmk/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Content-=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3IP5FF2K6%2F20200331%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20200331T220716Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEBUaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJIMEYCIQCpDhX8eftc%2Fh3ReKNJHiuG7VESVKQTSWzOSlFC0awlEQIhAJ4smcgM7ySSsJTMvCON0tPQBffRCB0OGNrxZEhQpIDsKrQDCB4QAhoMNDQ5MjI5MDMyODIyIgyjdKwjcMFZWcicOQMqkQNVulkdiJW57ViOSStRe6JEnTpXYy0xo1N10oaUV2AZ7CcxBxm6cqtYm6oE6sXGTfYO%2B5O5MwZwm3mj6hXsgwVPhS6RW37FWOvRc4iTylF7WYiSrM1NbRi%2F7bmAcZ4z9f7CKs9tVDlJN7aHfByBT%2FRNZh69pS6oqlvpnIuPwTmdaIO3O7fyKpod1p%2F6%2BOmSuNHtTnPHqHgy5uDm6zwxkQTC54LlLI5Z6%2BWvAT4TegOszlZP%2Fsx0PXulGp7O5KBxD%2BEHt1uC%2FHrA8ISsviL3I9H4OwNA%2B%2FqvPna%2BQtUK4liPVGABxTIzQS0qw8Ou0Kkly9OEHTGeAcM7Wgm1MbhvhArKv8lXxmm1mDa23UtS0SATE1m58KzJYhCBiCacD6GlXGKdBIQDyX3IS5G6LS0XxJk61BE7DDwhglpHV%2BQfMXVpYfzUxju0TuOKRTMB0xcnGh2Vl1XhN9X7huacit%2F4f2%2F6BlhA%2FIi14foCQfUsuEeSTZtrmtGzHgAkHKinT7%2F8v%2Bzx%2FEsTjc018fUskh4NP4nkwzC%2F2o70BTrqAbGTcv1K0mq1N%2FZF8DW0cBFcSjFWpEnMt2%2BKwElttrNo%2FZvPqcMZKrHIGYbJmUup8arH%2FiT6lSyns2J7Moql30Vgzaf6RNrvCFJ6dHjpi4%2BXxWqR1%2FEcgsoZ9agphHxPFIdkTCQ8WTkTHM6nbsgkUJj3uQJiCsFx15rtS39ieg9N4Psi%2F14GPhMDY7o3GhtJVtN1WhwECV0hw38uj0%2Fac1n5T%2BGnJgNASTprMFjGsQDHdFqp6jfBU1N1AP%2BuSO4RhkwirtHQPClPgI2TeOpSYJ97S%2F%2Ff7ngzKmsp%2Fnolwz%2BEKcxV34yQjjJUAA%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Signature=bc2305d9e343d0ae10ce8bfd370da4676f62e07603ff0da576256d8d597a6c46

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I do have some downtime right now, but could anyone give me a brief rundown of what's on that link? :)
The link is no good.

As I said google Your golf travel LIMITED a and scroll down until you find the one with Limited. It takes you to the audited accounts for 2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The link is no good.

As I said google Your golf travel LIMITED a and scroll down until you find the one with Limited. It takes you to the audited accounts for 2019
Always bear in mind that those accounts are likely up to end of April 2019 only. A lot can happen, as we now all know, in the 12 months since. They may have had a great 12 months since then, an awful 12 months or somewhere in between. Those accounts online only tell you so much.

D

Deleted member 1740

Always bear in mind that those accounts are likely up to end of April 2019 only. A lot can happen, as we now all know, in the 12 months since. They may have had a great 12 months since then, an awful 12 months or somewhere in between. Those accounts online only tell you so much.

According to the main man Andrew, the company is in good shape.

They're taking the piss not giving refunds.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
According to the main man Andrew, the company is in good shape.

They're taking the piss not giving refunds.
Never, ever believe the patter of an owner or salesman with regards to the viability of their company. No owner is going to tell their customers they are teeetering on the edge. That would instantly create a panic that would tip them over. I've heard way too much boasting and bluff from companies that have gone under over the years to believe anything that people tell me on that front now. Having a BiL in the insolvency game has also popped the bubble of many an illusion.

They may have been in good shape before all of this but if too many customers ask for a refund then they will be goosed. All businesses depend on cash flow, not every business that goes down is a bad business, most are down to cash flow issues (another comment from my BiL). If they have a rush of demands for refunds then they will not have the cash there to pay them back. YGT are probably trying to spread out the refunds so that they happen in an orderly fashion, one they can manage. If not......................

I understand people wanting their money back, I am not defending the approach of YGT but I can understand that beneath the water they are likely fighting for their own survival right now and so they are trying every trick they can to hold on to any cash that they have.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The link is interesting and suggest Kenny has a look.

AccountS fro Group are up to 31/3/19 and a profit was made last year. There are creditors of £44,400,000, yes not a typo, and Net Current Liabilities of 1,060,000. Directors are stable and shows what other Companies they are involved with And who they are.

Barclays took a Debenture including Fixed and floating assets LESS than 1 month ago which is a concern for anybody owed money

D

Deleted member 1740

Never, ever believe the patter of an owner or salesman with regards to the viability of their company. No owner is going to tell their customers they are teeetering on the edge. That would instantly create a panic that would tip them over. I've heard way too much boasting and bluff from companies that have gone under over the years to believe anything that people tell me on that front now. Having a BiL in the insolvency game has also popped the bubble of many an illusion.

They may have been in good shape before all of this but if too many customers ask for a refund then they will be goosed. All businesses depend on cash flow, not every business that goes down is a bad business, most are down to cash flow issues (another comment from my BiL). If they have a rush of demands for refunds then they will not have the cash there to pay them back. YGT are probably trying to spread out the refunds so that they happen in an orderly fashion, one they can manage. If not......................

I understand people wanting their money back, I am not defending the approach of YGT but I can understand that beneath the water they are likely fighting for their own survival right now and so they are trying every trick they can to hold on to any cash that they have.

I know, I missed the roll eyes smiley off my post ?

D

Deleted member 1740

The link is interesting and suggest Kenny has a look.

AccountS fro Group are up to 31/3/19 and a profit was made last year. There are creditors of £44,400,000, yes not a typo, and Net Current Liabilities of 1,060,000. Directors are stable and shows what other Companies they are involved with And who they are.

Barclays took a Debenture including Fixed and floating assets LESS than 1 month ago which is a concern for anybody owed money

What does that mean in layman's terms?