Simple Question Regarding Cancelled Golf Break

D

Deleted member 1740

I know I am constantly sounding like an apologist for YGT here but it may be the golf course that are adding that. April tends to be the last bargain month and then summer fees kick in (hence why my trips are always in April :LOL:). The difference can be pretty hefty, particularly at flash clubs.

In the case given, I obviously don't know the courses involved, an extra £10 to go in August seems pretty decent.

Under the Circumstances to try and repair the damage they’ve done to their own brand, I’d expect YGT to waive the extra £10.

D

Deleted member 1740

Everyone in the WhatsApp group is resigned to the fact that they've taken a commercial decision to refuse ALL claims for cash refunds. We're all now looking to claim that money back via credit and debit card protection schemes or small claims court.

The groups total is likely to be about £60,000

Ouch.

No feckin wonder he doesnt wanna give a cash refund!!

Good Luck though, you’re going to need it.

Doodle

Visit site
Just quickly read through this thread ?
I was listening to a guy on the radio the other day, it was a consumer phone in & he was a lawyer advising on consumer law.
One phone call concerned a ABTA bonded package holiday which had been cancelled, the caller had only been offered a credit note in recompense.
The lawyer advised that the caller was legally entitled to a full cash refund, he advised that if this was not forthcoming then the next port of call was ABTA.

the caveat at the end of the call was that because the travel industry as a whole is in deep doo doo, the Government was actively thinking of allowing ABTA to not force travel companies to give cash refunds, but to only offer a rearranged date or a credit note.

The lawyer advised the caller to contact ABTA asap before this became official policy.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our travel insurance has just turned round and declared COVID an act of God and told us we aren’t covered.?
Is there an insurers ombudsman you can take that to? We have already had notification from our travel insurers advising that we are covered as we booked before this kicked off. The same for my daughters insurance which is with a different company. I know, all to painfully, that business interruption insurance is not paying out on this but travel insurance generally is.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s sitting with the travel agents and ABTA at the moment I feel once the flights are actually cancelled we are in stronger position. Due to fly out Sunday so feeling nervous as we’re in about 16k on this holiday.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s sitting with the travel agents and ABTA at the moment I feel once the flights are actually cancelled we are in stronger position. Due to fly out Sunday so feeling nervous as we’re in about 16k on this holiday.
I didn't realise passenger flights were still happening. Can't believe they have not been cancelled already. Fully understand your nervousness with that amount at stake.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ouch

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hope it gets sorted . May I ask where you are flying to please and with which airline?

D

Deleted member 1740

Your Golf Travel have still not refunded anyone in the WhatsApp group that I setup (and have since left - as the stress was causing me some mental health issues)

The total amount owed to all the groups involved was over £100k, lie after lie and broken promise after promise.

ABTA are now vowing to crack down on tour operators who don't offer refunds (https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/arti...own-on-members-denying-customer-refund-rights)

Strange as many operators have been hiding behind the words of ABTA for the last 3 weeks!

This was one of the best lies from YGT during the back n forth emails with them:

"In light of this development Tour Operators have been advised that they are justified in these situations to hold back on making any refunds (of any kind) until such a time, pending feedback on further development on this approach from ABTA to the government."

I hope you’re ok Kenny, don’t let it get you down man.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Your Golf Travel have still not refunded anyone in the WhatsApp group that I setup (and have since left - as the stress was causing me some mental health issues)

The total amount owed to all the groups involved was over £100k, lie after lie and broken promise after promise.

ABTA are now vowing to crack down on tour operators who don't offer refunds (https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/arti...own-on-members-denying-customer-refund-rights)

Strange as many operators have been hiding behind the words of ABTA for the last 3 weeks!

This was one of the best lies from YGT during the back n forth emails with them:

"In light of this development Tour Operators have been advised that they are justified in these situations to hold back on making any refunds (of any kind) until such a time, pending feedback on further development on this approach from ABTA to the government."

I watched this, and I’d assume the attitude of many people who need their money now due to these circumstances were straight onto the companies they booked through quoting the CEO and are now demanding their refunds!

They’ll be a few companies go bump though and take a few down with them, I think many travel agents/companies will have paid airlines & hotels etc and will be struggling to get that money back quickly, if at all, so some will fold up as a result, do a pre-pack and be back up and running within days!