Simple Question Regarding Cancelled Golf Break

D

Deleted member 1740

I watched this, and I’d assume the attitude of many people who need their money now due to these circumstances were straight onto the companies they booked through quoting the CEO and are now demanding their refunds!

They’ll be a few companies go bump though and take a few down with them.
I think many travel agents/companies will have paid airlines & hotels etc and will be struggling to get that money back quickly, if at all, so some will fold up as a result, do a pre-pack and be back up and running within days!

Disagree there, YGT and the likes are usually on 60day payment terms and that's not usually paid until after the holiday has been completed and theres no complaint.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Disagree there, YGT and the likes are usually on 60day payment terms and that's not usually paid until after the holiday has been completed and theres no complaint.

I haven’t mentioned YGT specifically and I’m just repeating what was put forward to and discussed with the CEO of ABTA, as he said, most wont have the funds to pay everyone back immediately for this reason.

D

Deleted member 1740

I haven’t mentioned YGT specifically and I’m just repeating what was put forward to and discussed with the CEO of ABTA, as he said, most wont have the funds to pay everyone back immediately for this reason.

I know, I mentioned YGT... I seen the interview with the CEO of ABTA.

All of what i said above applies to pretty much everyone in the leisure and travel business. None of them pay up front.

They're all on 30-60days terms, so theres no money to claim back because they havent paid for hotels/flights yet.

In essence you pay £3k for a holiday to greece with tui, they dont pay for the hotel til 60days after you've got back but they've had your money 6 wks before you're due to go.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I know, I mentioned YGT... I seen the interview with the CEO of ABTA.

All of what i said above applies to pretty much everyone in the leisure and travel business. None of them pay up front.

They're all on 30-60days terms, so theres no money to claim back because they havent paid for hotels/flights yet.

In essence you pay £3k for a holiday to greece with tui, they dont pay for the hotel til 60days after you've got back but they've had your money 6 wks before you're due to go.

So on that premise why the deliberate delay in refunds?

D

Deleted member 1740

So on that premise why the deliberate delay in refunds?

I'm assuming they havent got the actual capital to do so, hence relying on customers rebooking and taking credit notes. If everyone demands a refund they'll be out of business. They're used to a constant stream of sales, deposits etc to sustain. That's come to a complete standstill.

Dont forget the likes of YGT/Racing Breaks /Golf Breaks etc have massive amounts of staff.