Simple Question Regarding Cancelled Golf Break

D

Deleted member 1740

One of our party has contacted his insurance company who were unsympathetic saying they had been offered reasonable choices!!!!!

Kenny, did your man apply for a chargeback through his bank?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was due for a UK break with YGT in just under 3 weeks. Those being given options, I am happy to re-schedule incidentally but then there are only 2 of us going 2 1/2 hours away, are they contacting you with those or are you having to get in touch? I have received the generic email saying they will get to me in order but is that actually happening?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do people think that bombarding companies with emails, etc at this time will get things done any quicker? This is a totally new , ever changing situation which companies are still trying to work out what to do. Give them a chance to sort things out.
Yes, you are out of pocket but there are more important things going on at the moment, try and put things into a bit of perspective

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of our party has contacted his insurance company who were unsympathetic saying they had been offered reasonable choices!!!!!

I am waiting for the paperwork to come through...so we’ll see.

The fear is that vouchers provided mean nothing if YGT go pop, which is a very possible situation. I get there are employees etc, but there are also multiple people that are, potentially, thousands out of pocket. It’s not an ideal situation, but as a customer, we need protection too. I don’t fancy losing £835.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Do people think that bombarding companies with emails, etc at this time will get things done any quicker? This is a totally new , ever changing situation which companies are still trying to work out what to do. Give them a chance to sort things out.
Yes, you are out of pocket but there are more important things going on at the moment, try and put things into a bit of perspective
Nearly every other firm we've dealt with have offered and agreed a refund very quickly....

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I tried through my Nationwide Visa credit card and they were useless. I actually found them far more annoying than YGT, as I understand where YGT are coming from. The credit card people basically said that they go by whatever terms and conditions YGT offer and that's that. I think the truth is that because this is such a crazy situation, everyone is making it up as they go along. That includes travel companies, insurance, and seemingly Nationwide/Visa.

Whilst I got a refund for my flights, a friend of mine was due to go to Australia in a few days through Emirates. I told her not to worry and when the flights get cancelled, you'll be offered a full refund. Emirates are refusing a full refund because they have said the only reason they're cancelling is due to government imposed restrictions, and it is not their choice. Her options are a partial refund of £400 (flights were £1000), insurance option minus a weighty £400 excess, or credit for a later date.

D

Deleted member 1740

Our group leader has been sent an email which basically says if we remove our posts on social media and negative reviews on trust pilot they will advise us of the process to request a refund!

Hilarious.

The process is clear by law!

I’d only remove the posts once the refund has been received.

I’ve used YGT in the past and they’ve always been good guys to deal with though I felt once they had your money they’re not too bothered about you.

After reading this and other posts of how they’ve handled this I’d be reluctant to use them again.

Good luck Kenny

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
All I can say is that you guys appear to have been quite lucky here :D I emailed YGT this morning and said how they clearly are refunding some people, so please can you reconsider this with my booking. I also made clear that if no refund is offered, I will leave honest but ultimately negative reviews on my experience online.

I've been told no change in policy, no refunds allowed.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
All I can say is that you guys appear to have been quite lucky here :D I emailed YGT this morning and said how they clearly are refunding some people, so please can you reconsider this with my booking. I also made clear that if no refund is offered, I will leave honest but ultimately negative reviews on my experience online.

I've been told no change in policy, no refunds allowed.
***** Part of this reply or comment has had to be deleted *****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Any update Kenny or have you signed a private agreement?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Any update Kenny or have you signed a private agreement?

If I have any further updates I'll post back here but for now we're getting nowhere really!

I'm not sure how much longer YGT can survive without government intervention, they are not the only tour operator in this mess, check out Twitter #ABTAtravel and you'll see many unhappy customers, some out of pocket by thousands.

Last edited: