Simple Question Regarding Cancelled Golf Break

Kennysarmy

Visit site
The latest response from Debra this morning at YGT!

"Our team will escalate your request internally and we will be in touch as soon as we have any more information"

***** Part of this reply or comment has had to be deleted *****

Last edited:

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site

"Our team will escalate your request internally and we will be in touch as soon as we have any more information"

Which stinks of stalling tactics to me!

She doesn't know what else to tell you. At her pay grade she doesn't get to make the decisions to give you money or not.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Yep. They've clearly been told by higher up bosses to hold on to whatever money they have.

It's desperate, but then these are desperate time for everyone in the travel industry.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I will reply to all their twitter feeds asking when they will be complying with current legislation and offering refunds to customers who have not been able to have their holidays that they've paid for.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Which stinks of stalling tactics to me!
I'm in the same boat with Golfbreaks and they are adopting the same tactics although I suspect Debra's response was reasonable and you should give her a couple of days to come back.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I was referring to Debra, why did you feel it was ok to put her details online? A copy of the email text would have sufficed.
These are my personal thoughts

These are not her personal details?

If it helps others send their queries to the correct people within YGT than I think under the circumstances of them currently refusing to refund people's money it's fair to leave a work's contact online. Once we've been offered our refunds I'll gladly remove them, but for now, if others come across this thread it just might help them.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
1) A golf/movie/pineapple/etc forum is social media.

2) I don't see anything wrong in posting about it on here or any other social media platform.

On the subject itself, you're not alone in this - check out Twitter for several people in the same boat. I had tickets booked for the Augusta National Women's Amateur, held the weekend before The Masters. Some things to consider:

Coronavirus isn't YGT's fault.
YGT like most travel companies are probably going to be completely screwed by this situation, and will be lucky to survive it.

Also worth considering:

Coronavirus isn't the customer's fault either.
I've now paid for a service/product that I'm not going to get.

The world does seem to be falling apart at the moment, but it also seems to me that YGT are simply not fulfilling what is required of them in pretty much all of these scenarios - a full refund if one is requested.

Taking a voucher seems like madness, in my opinion. As said earlier, they will be lucky to survive this. The timing for them couldn't be much worse either - at a guess, March-April must be the most popular time of the year for British golf travellers.

I will probably end up going through travel insurance, which I don't want to do - my premiums will probably go up, I would guess without checking that there will be some sort of excess involved, and YGT will have my cash for doing pretty much nothing.

However, I will almost never use them again, and I will also make sure I leave a review on every platform available to let people know that if things turn sour, YGT won't help you out. One bad review won't impact them, but if everyone who has been caught up in this leaves a negative review...

If this is a possibility (& I have no idea if it is & I'm sure we all hope it isn't) surely they would be mad to pay out a refund to any customer just now?

What cash they have would be earmarked for the process of Administration etc and as with any company going to the wall the most important part is paying employees who will no longer have a job, with customers being in the line of creditors just like everyone else.

While personally disappointing to anyone booking a break/trip/holiday that gets cancelled and regardless of the vendor or whether its golf related or not:
Would a refund of a purchase like this (with no material value outside of a few memories and a weeks tan) that's usually paid entirely with disposable income, would/should refunds for this type of thing rank below paying employees their final salaries?

I hope its resolved to the satisfaction of both parties but if only one gets money it must be the employees first

Kennysarmy

Visit site
If this is a possibility (& I have no idea if it is & I'm sure we all hope it isn't) surely they would be mad to pay out a refund to any customer just now?

What cash they have would be earmarked for the process of Administration etc and as with any company going to the wall the most important part is paying employees who will no longer have a job, with customers being in the line of creditors just like everyone else.

While personally disappointing to anyone booking a break/trip/holiday that gets cancelled and regardless of the vendor or whether its golf related or not:
Would a refund of a purchase like this (with no material value outside of a few memories and a weeks tan) that's usually paid entirely with disposable income, would/should refunds for this type of thing rank below paying employees their final salaries?

I hope its resolved to the satisfaction of both parties but if only one gets money it must be the employees first

Yes you're right, forget the rights of the common man, let's protect big business. Let's forget that they are not complying with legislation, I bet their owner and CEO will not be struggling to pay his rent or buy food for his family.

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yes you're right, forget the rights of the common man, let's protect big business. Let's forget that they are not complying with legislation, I bet their owner and CEO will not be struggling to pay his rent or buy food for his family.

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

C'mon Kenny you know that's not what I said. i'm plainly talking about the people you're calling/emailing and their colleagues, who you suspect (& I admit i'm only guessing here) will be unemployed soon. I hope you both get a positive outcome, but if its your refund or their redundancy then sorry to say its the latter every time

If any CEO is squirreling cash away then I'd say you're good to pop round and have it out with them

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a long civil chat with guys at Golfbreaks. Highly unlikely that you will get anymore than a credit for a future break. ABTA have updated their web page and currently talking to the government about the possibility of them stepping in (highly unlikely).

Tough times but remember not to shoot the messengers, they are only doing their job. We are around £7,000 down. Several of the group are SF so getting new dates will be difficult but we have agreed to look at this time next year for a start point.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site

I had flights with budget airline Wizz - full refund on it's way.
I had hotels booked with both Expedia and Hotels.com - full refund received.

My post was completely balanced and as someone who used to work in the travel industry, I absolutely get where they are coming from. However, they are the only ones withholding funds - other companies are refunding me in full.

As said, they might have my money but I'll probably never use them again. One person thinking that is not going to impact them, but there are many more than just one or two customers who may come out of this feeling the same way.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
After ready these reviews I can vouch I will never book a golf holiday through this company, absolutely disgusting what they are doing

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We’ve been in the same boat...were due to fly to Spain today. 3 options were given:

reschedule
credit note
go through insurance to get money.

I’m taking the insurance route, and hopefully get my £900 back. I’ll probably use it for another golf holiday. Will it be through YGT? Very, very doubtful

Kennysarmy

Visit site
We’ve been in the same boat...were due to fly to Spain today. 3 options were given:

reschedule
credit note
go through insurance to get money.

I’m taking the insurance route, and hopefully get my £900 back. I’ll probably use it for another golf holiday. Will it be through YGT? Very, very doubtful
One of our party has contacted his insurance company who were unsympathetic saying they had been offered reasonable choices!!!!!