Should they have stopped play at the 17th?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
100% this ??

Harry Higgs with be having a sob on the NLU podcast again no doubt.. blaming the wind/greens/rough/rain/bunkers/water and anything else he can other than himself.

He did some moaning. I was glad to see him miss the cut on a wet soft course.

The funny thing is. He would have more chance of winning at a course like a baked bay hill than he would at a course that allows the best ball strikers and drivers to separate themselves from the field.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Chamblee proving he's a tool and McGinley not backing down. Somebody should have asked Chamblee if he wanted to re-design the 7th at Pebble. It can get a bit rough there when the wind blows.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
You know you are on the wrong side of an argument when McGinley is the one making sense.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be honest, if the wind was so strong that it was stopping the best in the world from hitting a green 130 yards away - why didn't we see balls being blown about on the greens..?
That would have called a halt to proceedings.

greenone

Visit site
Its not exactly a postage stamp green is it. If its that windy take a 7 iron and play a knock down to the middle of the green.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Its not exactly a postage stamp green is it. If its that windy take a 7 iron and play a knock down to the middle of the green.

“I hit a pretty good 7-iron and it pitched on 123 yards,” McIlroy said. Asked how far that club normally goes, he answered, “My 7-iron? 185! It’s crazy.”

evemccc

Visit site
Having played (and parred ?)the new 15th/17th at Hoylake — similar strong winds and similar distance - which is v challenging and a card-wrecker if you miss the green, then absolutely no, the Players should not have been stopped

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They should have been on the range practicing for that very shot.
I read that there is a practice hole for the 17th on the range. However it is in the opposite direction to the hole so the wind is in the opposite direction. It was done that way on purpose. ?

evemccc

Visit site
Chamblee proving he's a tool and McGinley not backing down. Somebody should have asked Chamblee if he wanted to re-design the 7th at Pebble. It can get a bit rough there when the wind blows.

Don’t really watch much pro golf so never seen the guy on the left - Chamblee - before…but…what an idiot? Tee-times 6 hrs + apart has long had an impact on ‘fairness’ and course / weather conditions are often very different

He should take up snooker if he wants a sport that has exactly equal conditions for both players