Should all trollys be banned in winter.

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is the current trend for everyone to have a trolley, once the preserve of the injured or the elderly golfer now it has become a must have for everyone,what happened to having a carry bag and stand,it makes my blood boil to see fit looking golfers churning up the turf near the greens in winter with what can only be described as sheds on wheels and what do they have in those massive bags?? i have always carried unless on holiday and use a buggy if asked to and carry the following,set of clubs,tees,6 balls,2 gloves,ball marker,pitch repair tool and a couple of pencils that is it,if it is raining i wear my all weathers and cant see the point of a brolly,if your worried about getting wet/sun or cold PLAY SNOOKER.

Ive just got a shiny new powakaddy sport lithium and cant wait to get it out this weekend.
Im also fairly fit having Done the Gnr the last four years, but buggered if Im going to lump my bag around my course - A mountain Sherpa would struggle.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
unless your son is 2 clubs longer than me and ive already beaten you in a inter-club pairs matchplay game then nope... not referring to you in the slightest.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: Should all trolleys be banned in winter.

Snelly wrote "Carrying your clubs does not damage you in any way and that is a fact".

Please show your documented facts. You can damage your back just picking your ball from the hole. Now that is a fact.

Oddsocks. Your course is run. Let use all know when your trolly is fixed eh.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a couple of points. I recently switched to a carry bag and haven't noticed any additional fatigue after 18 holes. It's also had the added effect of reducing the burden on my elbows (tendinitis) to the point where they no longer need painkillers every morning (also helped by not using the hard mats at the range). Secondly, are you sure that it's the trolleys causing damage to the course and not the rather portly gentlemen pulling them. I'm 15st and all that weight is being put on an area of approximately 30 square inches.
Incidentally, I also have a Motocaddy and will use it if I feel the need.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

dropping it off tomorrow dave, then i shall unpack my camping stuff and transfer it into my wilson tour bag just incase the worst ever happens, while im at it i may fit some childrens motorcycle tyres just for extra grip...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
unless your son is 2 clubs longer than me and ive already beaten you in a inter-club pairs matchplay game then nope... not referring to you in the slightest.

Probably at least 3 clubs longer as he never drives less than the forum average of 345 yards and "beaten in a pairs match" mmmmm doesn't sound like me!

Hi stranger!

Chris

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

Bloody golf club maifa. You types always have to find something to moan about don't you.
Carrying a golf bag can cause damage to your back FACT!!! But you can't claim against the companies supplying them as you know the dangers and it is your choice to use them.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I do love they fact that during debates you get some reply with indepth and reason behind their views & opinions, and some who just reply with sarcasm.

So. Just because you choose to take the bait and post at length on something that is obviously a wind up, my brief and succinct views and opinions on the original post are of no value then?

;);)

Last edited:

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Something has wound you up haha im 30 fit and healthy and use a trolley and will always use one until there is a trolley bsn for bad weather then ill carry

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheeky git. The course was in lovely condition until late September. Too many plastic scousers from Ashton playing on it after that. How is ash Vegas these days. Do they still have weekly knife fights outside the Pres every Friday.

S

Snelly

Snelly wrote "Carrying your clubs does not damage you in any way and that is a fact".

Please show your documented facts. You can damage your back just picking your ball from the hole. Now that is a fact.

Oddsocks. Your course is run. Let use all know when your trolly is fixed eh.

The FACT is that I have carried clubs for 30 years. Sometimes playing 10+ rounds a week and I am fine. No back pain. No problems.

If you have a bad back then that is tough and you have my upmost sympathy but saying it is down to carrying a golf bag once in a while is a load of rubbish.

Again, I have no problems with people having huge bags and trolleys. Fine by me as long as I am not forced to do it. And if you are prone to back problems then clearly, you should not be carrying a bag as this would be stupid. But saying you as a normal bloke in good health, can't carry because it is a fact that it damages you and actually causes back problems is misleading and plain wrong. If that was true, no-one would carry their clubs! And I would be in pain after playing golf and I am not. Ever.

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

only joking!!!!!! don't know about the night life i live in sunny SINTELENS the home of sexy women and rugby players, my misses plays scrum half doh!!!!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

Let me ask then what do you carry in your bag during winter then? As no way could I carry all my crap in my Stand bag it would weigh a ton. This is what you will see in my bag during winter as I choose to play in a second skin with a shirt over the top:
Fleece jacket in case it gets cold
Full set of winter waterproofs
Winter mits
Umbrella
Thermos with hot drink in
Couple of bottles of water
A load of fruit for when I get hungry
I do not like playing with hundreds of layers on making me sweaty so need to carry them instead. I also choose to look after my body so carry hot drink plus a load of water to keep me hydrated. I also carry lots of fruit for if I get hungry. I choose not to carry a can of coke and a Kingsize Mars bar as I do not put that kind of crap in my body and that is my choice.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

Oh jaysus. Another stelenser. The only place in the world that wiganers can look down on.

S

Snelly

Let me ask then what do you carry in your bag during winter then? As no way could I carry all my crap in my Stand bag it would weigh a ton. This is what you will see in my bag during winter as I choose to play in a second skin with a shirt over the top:
Fleece jacket in case it gets cold
Full set of winter waterproofs
Winter mits
Umbrella
Thermos with hot drink in
Couple of bottles of water
A load of fruit for when I get hungry
I do not like playing with hundreds of layers on making me sweaty so need to carry them instead. I also choose to look after my body so carry hot drink plus a load of water to keep me hydrated. I also carry lots of fruit for if I get hungry. I choose not to carry a can of coke and a Kingsize Mars bar as I do not put that kind of crap in my body and that is my choice.

I'd take less than that with me on a week's holiday.

You sound a bit wierd with all that talk of looking after my body - sounds like an oil of ulay advert...

And what is a second skin? Fetish gear perhaps?

Winter mits? Hot Thermos? Are you playing up Ben Nevis?

I carry clubs, umbrella, waterproof top, about six balls, a woolly hat, some tees, mars bar, markers etc and a hip flask. Not burdensome in any way whatsoever...

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

are you going for a game of golf or on a expedition madadey,i listed what i carry in my bag and to be honest if you cant go a few hours without eating and drinking the amount you stated how long are you on the course for.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

In the winter it is normally about 4 hours a round. I go to the Gym a lot and eat sensibly and having breakfast at 7 in the morning then teeing off at 8:30 and getting to the club house around lunchtime is a long time for me to go without food :(. Not having a large layer of body fat on me means I do feel the cold so I really need to carry some warm clothing with me. But hey everyone to their own. I like to use my trolley and carry kit with me others prefer to carry and take short cuts across the greens causing excess damage.......;)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

How much room does a litre of water, a couple of bananas, 6 balls, a few tees and a good quality waterproof jacket take up? I tend to "look after my body" away from the course. I don't need to carry enough provisions to mount a polar expedition purely to play a round of golf. FFS, I'm never more than 10 minutes from the clubhouse.
If you let me know where you play, I'll arrange an aid drop onto the 10th tee. :lol:

Last edited:
S

Snelly

Mad (about packing a golf bag) Adey - Is that you in your avatar? Hope you don't mind me saying but you look a little on the comfortable side there friend. A nice little pot belly! No harm in that though - shows you like the finer things in life and all that?!