Should all trollys be banned in winter.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: Should all trolleys be banned in winter.

Mad (about packing a golf bag) Adey - Is that you in your avatar? Hope you don't mind me saying but you look a little on the comfortable side there friend. A nice little pot belly! No harm in that though - shows you like the finer things in life and all that?!

That was taken a couple of years ago after I came back from a knee op after getting hurt doing silly things like football. I was looking comfortable then wasn't I...lol. I do enjoy the finer things in life though and go to the gym to pay my dues for enjoying them....;)
But bluewolf if you fancy giving me an aid drop on the tenth then it will be more than welcome.....:eek:oo: Make sure you take a video of me going round with my trolley so that you can call by and show it to Oddsocks on your way home.

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I have a trolley but rarely use it.

I got it for xmas last year, and that was because I was down to play a few 36 hole games with folk on here and with friends.

If im only playing 18 then I will generally carry, but that does depend if im playing a course thats akin to a mountain trek :D

harvey4banger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I normally use a clic gear trolley, as my club seem to think their OK in the winter months and I use a massive trolley bag packed with everything, for all occasions, Summer / Winter, it all stays in the bag all year round

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone fancy a day out tomorrow? Get your electric trolley the biggest bag you can find and fill it to the max. Then lets go in protest to the trolley haters course and see the looks on their face..........;)

S

Snelly

I was looking comfortable then wasn't I...lol. I do enjoy the finer things in life though and go to the gym to pay my dues for enjoying them....;)

I was only pulling your leg - you look a fine figure of a man!

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm 27 and just brought a motocaddy and got a free big bag with it. I shall use bith as it fits better than my stand bag. I brought the trolley as I'm fed up of walkin with my shoulder being yanked behind me from my old pull trolley. After using my old mans motocaddy I seen this was the way forwards. Yes I can carry a bag but I pay the price for it later that day. Last year I tore my knee ligament and had an op. after a lenghty lay off I had to use a buggy for ages before walkin the full 18 again. Then I carried and felt the trolley put less stress on my still rickety knee. And as I do manual work for a job I can't afford to be say at home again with a bad leg.
If required by rules to carry I would but I try to avoid it if I can.

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

could be another thread coming,WHAT IS YOUR ROUTINE BEFORE PLAYING!!!!!!,mine is a couple of bacon baps and a pot of tea,a bit of banter with the lads in the club house,5 mins in the nets and a couple of putts and go to the tee lets face it we play golf for fun and i practice in the week so spending hours before i play in a comp is just a waste of time,as for walking across a green carrying a bag or not repairing damage to the course after a shot or scooping a ball out of the cup with a putter if anybody playing with me did those things i would give them a b***kin,so smile and be grateful we can still play.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

could be another thread coming,WHAT IS YOUR ROUTINE BEFORE PLAYING!!!!!!,mine is a couple of bacon baps and a pot of tea,a bit of banter with the lads in the club house,5 mins in the nets and a couple of putts and go to the tee lets face it we play golf for fun and i practice in the week so spending hours before i play in a comp is just a waste of time,as for walking across a green carrying a bag or not repairing damage to the course after a shot or scooping a ball out of the cup with a putter if anybody playing with me did those things i would give them a b***kin,so smile and be grateful we can still play.

May not agree with some things you say but we need more people like you who are willing to say something to golfers that do not look after their own course. Just be careful who you say things to though. I mentioned something to a young lad who was about 16 years old. He took a huge divot on the tee and I advised him he should practice swing to the side. He gave me a mouthful back so I put him in his place. Got off the course and heard my name being called. I was then confronted by the club Captain, oooops that was his 15 year old grandson I had let rip into.....LOL:eek: Fortunately after I told him what happened he clipped the little f@@@er round the head for what he did.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site

40 y/o, 11 stone, ex squaddie and fairly fit, I have an electric trolley and big kick ass tour bag because they look good, I need 4 boxes of balls because I am crap, more ciggies than the local tesco and a few choccy bars/bananas.

If I go on an away day I occasionally carry if we use 1 car & dont mind it as a change but would always prefer to use my trolley as I find its just easier :)

Oh, I always keep away from greens/fringes, tee boxes and stick to designated paths where provided

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

40 y/o, 11 stone, ex squaddie and fairly fit, I have an electric trolley and big kick ass tour bag because they look good, I need 4 boxes of balls because I am crap, more ciggies than the local tesco and a few choccy bars/bananas.

If I go on an away day I occasionally carry if we use 1 car & dont mind it as a change but would always prefer to use my trolley as I find its just easier :)

Oh, I always keep away from greens/fringes, tee boxes and stick to designated paths where provided

48 year old ex squaddie here and still in reasonable nick for my age I think, I could carry but I don't, I don't want to, I enjoy my golf much more when pushing my bag around on my 3 wheeler.

Myself and the other squaddies on here bravely fought in the pubs of Catterick, Plymouth and Aldershot so the rest of you could enjoy your right to use trolleys

or not

it's up to you

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Myself and the other squaddies on here bravely fought in the pubs of Catterick, Plymouth and Aldershot so the rest of you could enjoy your right to use trolleys

or not

it's up to you

Heroes the lot of you, such sacrifices make us all proud to wheel our 4 ton Gokarts on a wet December day.

Chris

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

48 year old ex squaddie here and still in reasonable nick for my age I think, I could carry but I don't, I don't want to, I enjoy my golf much more when pushing my bag around on my 3 wheeler.

or not

it's up to you

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll run that past my CO next time he is giving a morale speach. WE ARE FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO USE A TROLLEY ON THE GOLF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Jesus this thread is full of more useless gabage than Harvey4bangers summer storage unit .

ChrisD , do I get my promotiOn to deputy wind up merchant now :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

or not

it's up to you

I used to get chased by squadies out of the club in Colburn. Luckily I always carry my bag so was fitter than them and got away ;)
What was the name of that club? It was a right dive.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

I used to get chased by squadies out of the club in Colburn. Luckily I always carry my bag so was fitter than them and got away ;)
What was the name of that club? It was a right dive.

colburn lodge - always full of lonely wives - so I've been told

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

May have been renamed. This was back in the mid 80s

the colburn lodge was more of a pub/ meat market - further up the road was a nightclub that changed it's name frequently (the Walkerville at one time I think). Due to the frequent name changes it was always known as Scabs or the Catterick School of Boxing in our corps.