Shattered, Slaughtered and Heart Broken

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts. One more experience, one more entry in a diary self penned

Thanks to Derek Dick (aka Fish from his Marillion days) for the words that sum up another shoddy performance. You will recall how several weeks ago I regaled you with news of a return to form. Sadly those shoots of recovery have withered and died amidst the May sunlight.

Played yesterday and amassed a princely 26 points. No confidence over the ball with everything going right in a power cut with no power behind any of my shots. Given how well I was playing until last weekend I am not a happy bunny.

Fortunately when all around me seemed like a fog of mediocrity and instead of soaring with eagles I was floundering with turkeys my pro has given me a chink of light at the end of my tunnel.

I am now working on a new takeway (width and better weight transfer/coil) as opposed to inside and sliding my hips instead of turning. Better in patches today and with a lesson to put the changes into place on Wednesday things might improve.

"In the end I found beginnings, not a vision, a wake up call, raised from the dead by a beating heart and at last I can see it all and my eyes were opened to the darkness, in my hand a burning flame, a spark of life to touch the fuse and blow these clouds away, I can make it happen, if I want to, Make it happen, if I try"

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Homer, I feel your pain. I am in the same boat as you at the moment and have managed to line up a game against my cousin tomorrow in order to boost my confidence as he is a bit wayward on the course. I have lost all confidence over the ball and my usually steady wedge play has deserted me too.

I have resorted to praying with Olivia at night but while she does the Lords prayer mine is a little more golf orientated.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm having a bad time at the moment aswell, since my lesson on saturday when I discovered that I was taking my divot before the ball and not after resulting in an extremely high, althoguh straight, ball flight I have been told to practice the basic of taking the ball then the ground using a really short swing. But I have been hitting up on the ball to ensure I don't fat it(subconciously) since the sodden winter fairways and I can not get out of the habbit so I am finding life very difficult at the moment. The good news is that my pro thinks that other than this my game is in fine shape and that once this is mastered the game will be truly opened up to me and single figures will be reachable within 6 months. I trust his opinion 100% but I do think this is a touch optimistic considering the fact that I can not take ball then turf for love nor money.

I'm not meaning to hijack the post I just thoguht you could take heart from knowing we are all in the same boat.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Now Homer, as you once said to me, 'chin up'. And as I once read, 'anger and self pity have no place on the golf course'. Hmm, they didn't metnion poetry - will have to thik about that one.
Seriously, hope you get over it soon (the bad golf, and the attendant misery).

Al

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
I know how you feel. I shot a nett 70 on Saturday, so felt great going into the Medal yesterday............then shot a Nett 81. So p*****d off.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
You’re in the wrong job Homer. If it’s any consolation I played, what they term up here in Scotland, and sorry in advance for the language, total pi$h.

In Saturday’s medal I’m going along nicely at only 2 over par. Standing at the 9th and I pull my tee shot into the woods, hack my way out and take a nine. After that I was struggling to find any rhythm for some reason. Felt uncomfortable standing over the ball and it was a fight to finish the round in 82 shots. Had a game last night and I was all over the shop again, loosing interest rapidly.

I know some of you would be happy with 82 but it’s all in proportion whatever level you play at.

Anyway, it’s a new day and by 4 pm I’ll be up for challenge and the chances are I’ll head to the course for a few holes after work.

Play through it I say.