Seed Golf Balls

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Used the SD-02 I found yesterday for 15 1/2 holes today - it's in a bush somewhere on the 7th hole...
Short version...it gets the Imurg seal of approval
Felt very good off every club, performed well and helped me shoot level par on holes 10-18...
Impressed

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Used the SD-02 I found yesterday for 15 1/2 holes today - it's in a bush somewhere on the 7th hole...
Short version...it gets the Imurg seal of approval
Felt very good off every club, performed well and helped me shoot level par on holes 10-18...
Impressed
I’m still working my way through the models to find the best one for me and strangely the cheap SD-15 one is still under consideration! I need to get them on my simulator but the garage is stuffed with old furniture which the council pick up in 3 weeks!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jeez, how many models are they producing! Very confusing. Shame they don’t do an equivalent of the Kellogg’s variety packs so you can try a few out for yourself without shelling out for a dozen of each.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jeez, how many models are they producing! Very confusing. Shame they don’t do an equivalent of the Kellogg’s variety packs so you can try a few out for yourself without shelling out for a dozen of each.
About half the models that someone like Titleist do ;) (if you ignore colours and designs)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They seem to have four premium offerings and a 2-piece distance balls. I get that the SD-01 and SD-02 are supposed to replicate the ProV1 and V1X, and the SD-05 would is the AVX/ChromeSoft softer version. But not sure what the SD-X1 is for. Plus they all look exactly the same, I'm not sure why they didn't change the colour of the logo or something on the different balls so you could tell them apart quicker if you had two different models in your bag.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
They seem to have four premium offerings and a 2-piece distance balls. I get that the SD-01 and SD-02 are supposed to replicate the ProV1 and V1X, and the SD-05 would is the AVX/ChromeSoft softer version. But not sure what the SD-X1 is for. Plus they all look exactly the same, I'm not sure why they didn't change the colour of the logo or something on the different balls so you could tell them apart quicker if you had two different models in your bag.
They’re struggling to get the materials for the x1 anyway so only 3 to chose from at the minute.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't see that, I was just reading the descriptions on each ball.

Edit: It's amazing that every ball goes 'maximum distance' isn't it? 😄
That is because the authorities set a maximum distance for carry and roll for all balls :ROFLMAO:

To get the truth you need to read ball tests done by others.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is because the authorities set a maximum distance for carry and roll for all balls :ROFLMAO:

To get the truth you need to read ball tests done by others.
This is what I mean though. Even the likes of Inesis and Kirkland will write 'max distance!' on the box - then MyGolfSpy's testing comes out and they'll be 10 yards shorter than a ProV1. So not really the maximum distance.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Despite still having 8 or 9 01s left I have bought a box of 02s as I got tempted by the trail with a bag of tees for £25.

They are supposed to spin a bit more on short shots which would be nice.

The only issue is they don’t do them in yellow.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having found a SD-02 the other day and liked it, it seems somebody at the club is using Seed as I found a yellow SD-01 today..
Used it for a few holes and, once again, it gets the seal of approval.
If the 01 is supposed to be the ProV1 equivalent it felt much softer than the Titleist.. probably a bit too soft for me..still performed well though..
If I didn't have bucketloads of balls of be getting a few dozen SD-02....

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Despite still having 8 or 9 01s left I have bought a box of 02s as I got tempted by the trail with a bag of tees for £25.

They are supposed to spin a bit more on short shots which would be nice.

The only issue is they don’t do them in yellow.
I've subscribed and I've changed my next delivery to the 02. Just trying them out as I'm impressed with the 01 but a bit more spin couldn't do any harm.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My trial pack was 01s but I know they are waiting on stock coming in on them in around a week or two. They do a 4 dozen trial pack of all 4 premium balls for £80 too. Shame they don’t do half packs but you could share with a friend.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’d be up for swapping a sleeve of the 02 for one of the other ‘premium’ types if anyone’s up for it? Postage shouldn’t be too much?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Reporting in on after my first outing with the 02.

I have to say I’m mightily impressed.

It’s definitely long and seems to spin well enough. I’ll reserve judgement on how much for when the greens ar dry.

I hit a couple of iron shots that felt like they should come up short, but they flew a few yards more than expected.

The 02 feels firmer than the 01 and has a firmer sound.
It seems to fly a bit lower that the 01.

Would recommend.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Reporting in on after my first outing with the 02.

I have to say I’m mightily impressed.

It’s definitely long and seems to spin well enough. I’ll reserve judgement on how much for when the greens ar dry.

I hit a couple of iron shots that felt like they should come up short, but they flew a few yards more than expected.

The 02 feels firmer than the 01 and has a firmer sound.
It seems to fly a bit lower that the 01.

Would recommend.
That feel matches their comparison page 🙂