Seed Golf Balls

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
A friend gave me a seed-02 ball to try at the weekend and I have to say it felt like and performed like a pro v for half the price!

Anyone use these and not gone back? Anyone gone back for some reason? What’s the wear and tear like?

Their subscription offer looks great

MACM85

Visit site
Personally I only use the SD01 have done for a couple of years now.

Good ball and feels good for the game. Wear and tear same as all the other "premium" balls. Hit a tree or path and expect scuffs and yellow marks. I have had the odd ball not last 18 due to cuts on the ball but this isn't that often

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Personally I only use the SD01 have done for a couple of years now.

Good ball and feels good for the game. Wear and tear same as all the other "premium" balls. Hit a tree or path and expect scuffs and yellow marks. I have had the odd ball not last 18 due to cuts on the ball but this isn't that often
Thanks Mac

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ya I've used the Seed-01 version, really good I thought. Price crept up a bit in past year. You'd probably get the previous years z-star or similar ball on sale for much the same price

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
A friend gave me a seed-02 ball to try at the weekend and I have to say it felt like and performed like a pro v for half the price!

Anyone use these and not gone back? Anyone gone back for some reason? What’s the wear and tear like?

Their subscription offer looks great
I've been using the SD-02 for a year now, I'll never go back to the Titleist's unless the lottery win happens, I haven't noticed anything different between the balls.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For those who have been using the Seed ball, on Thursday The Senior Open starts in Royal Porthcawl. There is an amateur here in Ireland named Eddie McCormack from Galway. Few weeks back he won the senior European Amateur which earned him a spot in this week's senior major. What is interesting is that he uses the yellow Seed 01 ball. Surely will be the first appearance for the Seed ball in a major!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve been playing with Seed SD01 YAF for the last few rounds.

Last time out I played a 2 ball scramble with a Pro V1 for a direct comparison. I found the Seed comparable in all areas apart from spin on short shorts, where the ProV1 seemed to stop more quickly.

The Seed appears to be quite durable too. I’ve had 2 full rounds out of the same ball and it’s showing only minor scuffing.

Is a ProV1 worth the extra £17 per dozen for the extra spin on chips and pitches? Maybe, when the greens are baked hard and fast. But otherwise probably not.

It will be interesting to see what the results of the latest MGS ball tests say.

My only real concern with these types of ball is the quality issues that they suffer from.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just set up the subscription with Seed this morning as it happens, be interesting to see how myself and the youth get on with them.

He’s a bit fussy over what he’s playing whereas I will take anything I can find..

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought the sd02 trial pack for £20 a few weeks back. Did think i would be more suited to the 01, but at that price it was worth a go.

Playing wise I’ve not noticed much difference between other premium balls, that pro v, tp5 etc. Bit clickier maybe and firmer than the Honma tw-x. Would have no problem using them.

The only thing I’m not convinced about is durability. Half way through the second round I hit a gravel path, which put a small cut in the ball and had to be swapped out. I’ve never had that with other premium balls. Maybe it was just bad luck and caught a sharp edge.

I’ll probably try the sd 01 next time I buy.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I've been using the SD01 this season and have no qualms continuing to do so. A great ball as far as my skill level can detect, feels good off the clubface and spins when I make good contact.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Got the 01 recently and find them to be very good. Was using the Honma before as I like a good quality 3 piece urethane cover that doesn't make my wallet bleed.
For the price they're a very good option.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Got the 01 recently and find them to be very good. Was using the Honma before as I like a good quality 3 piece urethane cover that doesn't make my wallet bleed.
For the price they're a very good option.
How do they compare to the Honma? (TW-X)?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve been playing with Seed SD01 YAF for the last few rounds.

Last time out I played a 2 ball scramble with a Pro V1 for a direct comparison. I found the Seed comparable in all areas apart from spin on short shorts, where the ProV1 seemed to stop more quickly.

The Seed appears to be quite durable too. I’ve had 2 full rounds out of the same ball and it’s showing only minor scuffing.

Is a ProV1 worth the extra £17 per dozen for the extra spin on chips and pitches? Maybe, when the greens are baked hard and fast. But otherwise probably not.

It will be interesting to see what the results of the latest MGS ball tests say.

My only real concern with these types of ball is the quality issues that they suffer from.
My first go of a seed ball was an 02 model which my mate gave me and that stops quick but agree with the 01.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought the sd02 trial pack for £20 a few weeks back. Did think i would be more suited to the 01, but at that price it was worth a go.

Playing wise I’ve not noticed much difference between other premium balls, that pro v, tp5 etc. Bit clickier maybe and firmer than the Honma tw-x. Would have no problem using them.

The only thing I’m not convinced about is durability. Half way through the second round I hit a gravel path, which put a small cut in the ball and had to be swapped out. I’ve never had that with other premium balls. Maybe it was just bad luck and caught a sharp edge.

I’ll probably try the sd 01 next time I buy.
I’d suggest you‘ve been unlucky and hit a sharp edge on a stone. I’ve hit paths and been in plenty of corse bunkers and never had an issue.