Seed Golf Balls

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Didn't see that, I was just reading the descriptions on each ball.

Edit: It's amazing that every ball goes 'maximum distance' isn't it? 😄
It does look that way but balls pare limited to official specs and I’ve seen not difference in distance across the range. i recently bought some 15s and they are a bit harder but still go. They’re a good consistent option for a cheap ball over lakes rather than pulling out a hacked to pieces pro v I found somewhere.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It does look that way but balls pare limited to official specs and I’ve seen not difference in distance across the range. i recently bought some 15s and they are a bit harder but still go. They’re a good consistent option for a cheap ball over lakes rather than pulling out a hacked to pieces pro v I found somewhere.
It just makes me laugh how every single ball advertises 'maximum distance', even if it goes 10 yards less than competitors. You just have to ignore that part in any ball description and see for yourself or wait for MyGolfSpy to test it.

I think I was right and the SD-05 looks like my sort of thing. I may give them a try for £30 a box when I run out of Bridgestones.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought the sd02 trial pack for £20 a few weeks back. Did think i would be more suited to the 01, but at that price it was worth a go.

Playing wise I’ve not noticed much difference between other premium balls, that pro v, tp5 etc. Bit clickier maybe and firmer than the Honma tw-x. Would have no problem using them.

The only thing I’m not convinced about is durability. Half way through the second round I hit a gravel path, which put a small cut in the ball and had to be swapped out. I’ve never had that with other premium balls. Maybe it was just bad luck and caught a sharp edge.

I’ll probably try the sd 01 next time I buy.
The only gripe I’ve had is they only do a £5 next day delivery fee o I tend to make orders over £75 for free delivery and have my subscription at every 3 months. I just have to be mindful of skipping when I don’t need a scheduled order.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It just makes me laugh how every single ball advertises 'maximum distance', even if it goes 10 yards less than competitors. You just have to ignore that part in any ball description and see for yourself or wait for MyGolfSpy to test it.

I think I was right and the SD-05 looks like my sort of thing. I may give them a try for £30 a box when I run out of Bridgestones.
Yep I see the funny side 😂

It wasn’t easily spotted but they do a mix of all 4 premium balls for £80 so you are only paying £20 per dozen to see what fits. Cheaper if you split with a mate as you probably won’t need a dozen to find out.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The only gripe I’ve had is they only do a £5 next day delivery fee o I tend to make orders over £75 for free delivery and have my subscription at every 3 months. I just have to be mindful of skipping when I don’t need a scheduled order.
Order them from Amazon if you have prime. Same price with free delivery.

BiMGuy

Visit site
It’s the yellow ones I use that are £30.

They have the 02s as a trail pack £25 delivered.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I found a Seed ball the other day and put it in my bag for use in the winter. If I hadn’t seen this thread I would more than likely thrown it to one of my playing partners as I’ve never seen or heard of them before. If it plays or feels like a Kirkland it will not last more than two holes.

BiMGuy

Visit site
I found a Seed ball the other day and put it in my bag for use in the winter. If I hadn’t seen this thread I would more than likely thrown it to one of my playing partners as I’ve never seen or heard of them before. If it plays or feels like a Kirkland it will not last more than two holes.
They are nothing like a Kirkland.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s the yellow ones I use that are £30.

They have the 02s as a trail pack £25 delivered.
It’s £20 free delivery direct for their trial pack and £25 a pack of any premium ball plus £5 delivery on subscription but you can order more every 1-3 months and you’ll save money on Amazon mate. You can even skip a payment if you still have balls. I’m set up for 3 boxes at a time to get free delivery over £75. So save a pretty penny vs Amazon

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are they as durable as the likes of a pro v1? I don't lose many balls so durability is a big thing for me.
If your balls last I guess price is less of an issue.
FWIW I was given a pack of three at the beginning of a five round trip and only lost one, Which is unusual for me on unknown courses. The surviving two balls with the occasional provisional were absolutely fine.
Though I tend to find durability tends to be mostly dependant on whether I hit many roads, walls etc rather than the ball.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Are they as durable as the likes of a pro v1? I don't lose many balls so durability is a big thing for me.
Seem equal if not better for me but probably best taking a punt on a trial box and seeing for yourself. I find pro v start to look worn after 1.5-2 rounds for me but as above it really depends on how many bunkers I’d been in.

BiMGuy

Visit site
I’ve had no issues with durability. I’d say they are as good as a V.

one of the guys I play with has tried all sorts of DTC balls. A lot of them aren’t very durable. Vice balls are terrible, they chew up like an old balata.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve had no issues with durability. I’d say they are as good as a V.

one of the guys I play with has tried all sorts of DTC balls. A lot of them aren’t very durable. Vice balls are terrible, they chew up like an old balata.
This reminds me of the issues Kirkland had a couple of years back or titleist about 15-20 years ago