Scottish v English football

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It would be a disaster if he was punted.

He's a cracking manager.

Aye right - as in he's in charge as the cracks widen in the Ibrox stands. And sorry Ally - but suggesting that press focus on Charlie Green's interest in returning to the club distracted his players - won't get a load of sympathy from wider Scottish football (though in truth it is rather unbelievable)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poor Ally.

One of the greatest ever goalscorers in Scottish football, fresh from back to back promotions, just lost first league match in 15 months and still derided by internet trolls purely because of their hatred for the club he played for and now manages.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Poor Ally.

One of the greatest ever goalscorers in Scottish football, fresh from back to back promotions, just lost first league match in 15 months and still derided by internet trolls purely because of their hatred for the club he played for and now manages.

Ally was a hero of mine back in the day when he played for Saints - and when he played for Scotland. Don't think his job is made any easier simply by the expectations of the fans. Rangers should be able to win the Scottish Championship - maybe not at a canter but surely at a trot - and maybe they will. In truth perhaps just a bit too much schadenfreude going around Scottish football these last few years - even if by some of the words and actions of both Glasgow clubs in the lead up to the debacle they part deserve some.

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At last Rangers are facing some sort of challenge on the pitch (as well as off it but that much is a given!!) and it looks like it has come as a bit of a shock to them. Don't know why as Ally reminded them last week that they might not go the whole season unbeaten. :rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Was McCoist cheered by Celtic fans when playing for Scotland ? He certainly seems to get a lot of stick

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think taking his broke third division team for an overnight stay at Turnberry to rest up from the arduous journey from Glasgow to Stranraer showed what an astute manager Ally was.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Poor Ally.

You can add the fact that he's a snidey sleekit fud as well.:thup:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice wee win for Hearts against Hibs in Britain's most exciting league.
Joint leaders with Queen of the South and Raith Rovers

3 goals, 11 shots on target, 40 fouls and two sent off.........proper mens fitba.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think Hibs did well to instal Alan Stubbs as manager good long term bet.

I see Hearts have sold over 14,000 season tickets.
The club will soon be owned by the fans and I hope they get the success they deserve.

I watched the Falkirk v Rangers match the other night.
Poor result for Falkirk who bossed the game for 75 minutes and looked really good.
They lost a goal to a cruel deflection and it just knocked the stuffing right out of them.

Rangers were dreadful, sad to see a once great team playing such rubbish football.
Miller and Boyd were very poor both well past their sell by date.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

3 goals, 11 shots on target, 40 fouls and two sent off.........proper mens fitba.

Most competitive - perhaps (I've actually stated that!).
Most exciting - err, nope!

D

Deleted member 15344

Which part of that sentence qualifies it as "proper" football ?

3 goals in the match today at Anfield - 12 shots on target - so it's the fouling and sending people off that makes it "proper"

Or is it because it's so poor they can't even tackle properly ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I watched the Swansea backs pass the ball to each other for about 15 passes yesterday. No attempt by the ManU players to win the ball.
I can assure you that was sleep inducing.

That's called keeping possession of the football - one of the qualities of the game of football - as opposed to thumping it up field all day long.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Which part of that sentence qualifies it as "proper" football ?

3 goals in the match today at Anfield - 12 shots on target - so it's the fouling and sending people off that makes it "proper"

Or is it because it's so poor they can't even tackle properly ?

Steady on Phill,
I am old enough to remember Crazy Horse and how he got his nickname.:p