Scottish v English football

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We should really have a British League and only a British team.

We just might have a chance of reaching the World Cup Last 16 with a British team.
Imagine how well we would have done with the likes of Best, Dalgliesh, Souness, Rush and Bale playing.

Stick the Union Jack where it don't shine please.

[video=youtube;t3to7MoGHBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3to7MoGHBE[/video]

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ross McCormack moves from Leeds to Cardiff for £11m - possibly best striker in Scottish going for £800,000 - it's a joke. Simply English clubs taking advantage of Scottish clubs - nothing to do with worth or value. But ho hum - same as it ever was. How could Scottish football ever vaguely compete when there is such disparity and Scottish clubs treated with virtual disdain. Here's £800,000 laddie - now just take it - off you go and don't complain or we won't be so generous next time'

And gone - Wednesday :(

My lads girlfriend and her family are Wednesday supporters - ah well - at least he has consolation that he can go watch Stevie at Hillsborough

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

Stick the Union Jack where it don't shine please.

[video=youtube;t3to7MoGHBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3to7MoGHBE[/video]

Having just wasted four and a half minutes of my life watching the video the words rubbish and puerile come to mind, not necessarily in that order.

DfT's suggestion has far more merit than the arcane prejudices spouted there.

The four Home Nations have achieved diddly squat as separate teams for nigh on 50 years. The international game passes them all by but what the hell, let's keep on doing what we've always done.

Still in your case, as a Celtic supporter, I can understand it. With a Scottish League your club can qualify for Europe (somehow) and kid yourself on that yours is a "Big Club".

Wake up, smell the coffee and consider the future.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Having just wasted four and a half minutes of my life watching the video the words rubbish and puerile come to mind, not necessarily in that order.

DfT's suggestion has far more merit than the arcane prejudices spouted there.

The four Home Nations have achieved diddly squat as separate teams for nigh on 50 years. The international game passes them all by but what the hell, let's keep on doing what we've always done.

Still in your case, as a Celtic supporter, I can understand it. With a Scottish League your club can qualify for Europe (somehow) and kid yourself on that yours is a "Big Club".

Wake up, smell the coffee and consider the future.

Why on earth would I want my country to be dissolved and become a team GB? Why?

It would be akin to Liverpool joining with Man U or Celtic with The Rangers.

This has hee haw to do with my support domestic team wise and everything to do with the fact I have no wish to support a team that I have no affiliation to and never will.

We may not achieve anything but by Christ I have fun and joy (and misery) watching MY country play football and long may that continue thank you.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
You'd probably find that view is only supported by those from Scotland and Wales because it would give them a team to cheer for that had a chance of qualifying for something.
English folk already have one.

Slime.

Not really, I think DFT is on his own with this one.

D

Deleted member 18588

It does, but wisdom goes right oot the window when it comes to fitba.

I think a British team would be able to compete with top teams like Belgium, Columbia and the USA.

Whoa!

Steady there, those are some real giants you are chucking in . I think Team GB could be better off playing Slovenia or perhaps Norway.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It will never happen for a myriad of reasons and to be honest I don't want it. I would rather see Celtic and Rangers (if and when they return) and the other protaganists sort themselves up. There are some good up and coming players in Scotland as Strachan has shown and they need to play regularly, progress and make the Scottish league and the national side improve. An idealistic view I know. A national league will never happen

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
10422918_10152342186792989_8557215413164267170_n.jpg

::rofl::rofl::rofl: