Magic of the Scottish Cup!!!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ayr United and Kilmarnock fought out a thrilling draw in a blood and thunder Scottish Cup derby at Somerset Park.

As a huge football fan,but not of either teams or Scottish footbal in particular, I decided to go to the game. In a nutshell.

Local derby, the songs were to crude to print, but so funny. pi%hing down all game, two divisons difference between team,Killy missed a penalty, 4 goals with ayr getting a last minute equaliser to send the 10,000 sellout crowd mad. Ive been to many games with 4/5 time the crowd but never enjoyed it as much. So much so I am going to go to Killy for the replay. Ayr will probally get humped but who knows.

A new Ayr Utd fan.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
According to bbc there was 9280. Apparently in the olden black and white days there was 25,000 there once which would have been jammed. The stadium is that old theres dinosaur crap at the back of the stand!!!!
Ayr are a Div 2 team. Third tier.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched this game last night and it looked like a cracker.
OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL!!!
SKY TV go on about the romance of the cup, but don't be fooled, they hate smaller teams and all they stand for.
The last thing they want is a cup upset.
I've been to Somerset Park many times over the years and I would much rather go there than any of the fancy £100M all seater stadium any day.
If I had been in the area I might have been tempted to go myself.
Was it all ticket?
T

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Yup, Ayr and Killie are like Morton and (my team) St Mirren: bitter rivals who always have a right go at each. It's a shame that the Old Firm absorb so much of the publicity that many of these smaller rivalries go unnoticed.

barry610

Club Champion
Visit site
Farneyman do you stay in Ayrshire ? if so where ? , i live in Irvine we could maybe arrange a game sometime.A couple of the boys from work were at the game and said that it was your typical 100 miles an hour derby game .
My skint team will probably go out and get humped on Tuesday night :( :(

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What about the last minute equaliser?? The celebration was superb....the scorer rips the top off and goes to celebrate with a crowd surge but the ref stands in his way so he simply picks the ref up and celebrates with him then I think he realises who he was ie the ref so lets him go and reels away to continue his celebration....after it all calms down ref calls him over to yellow card him for taking the top off and the scorer simply hugs the ref and plants a kiss on the cheek!!
What it is all about,blood and thunder football!