Scottish Fitba'

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I have had to laugh at Clements and Souness in the aftermath of the drubbing they received on the weekend using the stats of the game to say that possession, shots on target and overall shots were in the same numbers as ours so the gap isn't as big as people are making out.

I watched the game and apart from the first 10 mins they were nowhere near the level of Celtic in that game. Their transfer business has been awful. Selling Cantwell for 600k while we got £3m for Johnston and £2m for Lawal who played 3 mins of competitive football for us.
If Clement truly thinks it was a close game then Rangers truly have big problems. Ultimately they will have to sack him(how much will that cost?)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If Clement truly thinks it was a close game then Rangers truly have big problems. Ultimately they will have to sack him(how much will that cost?)
You have to question why they gave him a new improved extended contract the week before the CL qualifier (which they lost). He had a couple of years to go so why rush into that and increase the cost of paying him off, if that’s what it comes to, which it will?

Not sure if he is trying to convince himself or the Rangers fans that the gap is close, when he has lost 4 out of 5 Glasgow derbies, and scraped a draw at home in the other one.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good. 🤣

Correct me if I’m wrong, but, Rangers earned that right and Celtic benefited from it.
Not quite, both contributed to it, Rangers more than Celtic granted but to say Rangers earned it on their own is not accurate and is merely a stat peddled by Rangers fans for one upmanship.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Not quite, both contributed to it, Rangers more than Celtic granted but to say Rangers earned it on their own is not accurate and is merely a stat peddled by Rangers fans for one upmanship.

Scottish clubs in UEFA coefficient rankings 2024/25

28th - Rangers - 52.000

69th - Celtic - 22.000

I’m not sure anyone said they did it on their own, but certainly a much bigger contribution.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site

28th - Rangers - 52.000

69th - Celtic - 22.000

I’m not sure anyone said they did it on their own, but certainly a much bigger contribution.
I don't think anyone could argue that Rangers have contributed more to the coefficient recently. It is easier to pick up coefficient points in the lesser European tournament's as Rangers learned from their last UCL campaign.
Hopefully going forward all the Scottish teams can work towards Celtic getting their automatic entry into the UCL group stages back.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't think anyone could argue that Rangers have contributed more to the coefficient recently. It is easier to pick up coefficient points in the lesser European tournament's as Rangers learned from their last UCL campaign.
Hopefully going forward all the Scottish teams can work towards Celtic getting their automatic entry into the UCL group stages back.
Cheeky. 🤣

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

28th - Rangers - 52.000

69th - Celtic - 22.000

Pretty certain the post I quoted said

“Rangers earned that right but Celtic benefited and Celtic benefited from it”

Pretty much said they did 🤣

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why is he getting picked to play? Surely Scotland have other options?

Hanley has hardly played for NCFC since his achilles injury back in March 2023, can't be more than 6 or 7 starts.
Much as I do not fancy him as a Scotland player in fairness both central defenders hardly put a foot wrong last night up until the 96th minute,
Dreadful penalty to give away.
He must have had a total brain fart and looked almost in shock afterwards.