Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I remember correctly [doubtful these days]
Stein basically played the same ultra defensive 4=6 formation, probably gave Levien the idea.
The whole of Scotland was going 'deary me [or words to that effect] he's got two centre halves playing.'
What game are you specifically talking about? I'm assuming it was the 2nd leg of the semi-final where they were protecting a 2 goal lead? If so then it's not comparable as Stein played a 4-2-4 with at least one striker/CF (Hughes).

Stein pretty much stuck to a 4-2-4 formation throughout that campaign (scoring an, at the time, world record goals tally). Personnel changes were made, of course, but the formation was pretty much static. Can you point to a single instance where Stein deployed a team with no striker(s)?

I get you're a Hearts fan and Levien is a Hearts legend, so I'll leave it at that.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Tonight Mathew, I want to be Real Madrid. Comfortable victory for Celtic but Slovan Bratislava must be the worst Champions league team ever. A record I thought Rangers would never lose. 😁

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tonight Mathew, I want to be Real Madrid. Comfortable victory for Celtic but Slovan Bratislava must be the worst Champions league team ever. A record I thought Rangers would never lose. 😁
Tbf, it was some goal they scored. But, yes, they were pretty poor, you’ve got to wonder how they got through 4 qualifying ties.

Celtic were very good on the night though, could have scored a few more.

MACM85

Visit site
Good win for Celtic last night. Slovan looked very poor. Almost made Rangers look like a half decent side.

Selling O'Riley and bringing in Engels seems to be a good move. First few games and he is looking the part in the middle of the park

Springveldt

Visit site
Good win for Celtic last night. Slovan looked very poor. Almost made Rangers look like a half decent side.

Selling O'Riley and bringing in Engels seems to be a good move. First few games and he is looking the part in the middle of the park
Definintely looking like a good piece of business. Basically got Engels, Bernardo and Idah for the price of O'Riley.

Maeda must be the most infuriating player a right back can ever play against. His closing down is unreal, he's like my Labrador chasing a ball. He'll chase the thing till the end of the earth.

MACM85

Visit site
Definintely looking like a good piece of business. Basically got Engels, Bernardo and Idah for the price of O'Riley.

Maeda must be the most infuriating player a right back can ever play against. His closing down is unreal, he's like my Labrador chasing a ball. He'll chase the thing till the end of the earth.

If Maeda had that final ball into the box and that touch when needed the man would be unreal in that side. You know he will work hard but is annoying when he does all the hard work and that last part lets him down sometimes.