Scottish Fitba'

C7usk

Visit site
I'm firmly in the "we're getting hammered group" but I'm like that in every European game until they can prove it different. Just think it doesn't matter how good we look in Scotland, Dortmund are levels above anything we've played so far.
Loving your confidence.. 😉. Im normally in the prepare for the worst, so as not to be too disappointed. I've got to say though, I reckon we are in such a good place the minimum I am expecting is not to be embarrassed. I would feel a lot more confident if ccv was playing though..

C7usk

Visit site
Loving your confidence.. 😉. Im normally in the prepare for the worst, so as not to be too disappointed. I've got to say though, I reckon we are in such a good place the minimum I am expecting is not to be embarrassed. I would feel a lot more confident if ccv was playing though..
Now I have the fear 😱... Lol...

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wow, Dortmund have been scintillating. This could be double figure's. Hopefully Dortmund take their foot of the gas. 🤞
I listened to the build up on Radio Scotland. There was chat about if Celtic win it would be their best result since beating Barcelona. It was like they thought Celtic had a good chance. Dream on.

C7usk

Visit site
How many times have we seen this in Europe? Ridiculously open, very high press and terrible ball retention. No wonder we are getting torn apart.
Yeah whilst I admire trying to go toe to toe... It's naive to have ridiculously high press from yer front 3 and the midfield 3...1 pass and they are through.. Time n time again.. Forks sake... 7....lol..

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
As much as I enjoy the football under big Ange and Rodgers it's a big failing of both of them not changing their system. There's no shame in playing defensive football when playing a better team. I fear he'll never change and we'll keep getting hammered off quality teams.

C7usk

Visit site
As much as I enjoy the football under big Ange and Rodgers it's a big failing of both of them not changing their system. There's no shame in playing defensive football when playing a better team. I fear he'll never change and we'll keep getting hammered off quality teams.
Totally agree.. You've gotta learn.. Horses for courses and all that.. At least with the new format we can hopefully get into the playoffs.. Try and get the coefficient up a bit or Scottish teams can forget about champs league for a long time..

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Totally agree.. You've gotta learn.. Horses for courses and all that.. At least with the new format we can hopefully get into the playoffs.. Try and get the coefficient up a bit or Scottish teams can forget about champs league for a long time..
This was always the hardest game of the 8. Next game next hardest after that there's games Celtic can get points from. I won't book flights for the final though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thank God that's over, was checking what the record defeat in the champions league was.
For the first time since 1997-98 season.Celtic are the first British team to concede five goals in the first half of a game. The last was Cwmbran Town in the cup winners cup. 😖

Springveldt

Visit site
We were lucky it was only 5 at the break, could easily have been double figures. No idea why one of the fullbacks was playing higher than the winger (AJ) and the other was trying to play as a centre midfielder leaving 2 centre backs against their 3 attackers with no one picking up Brandt who ripped us apart.

So naive, Rodgers set the team up like we were going to play St Johnstone again rather than the team that was in the Champions League final 5 months ago.

Was fully expecting a skelping but that went above and beyond. Just how bad is Scottish football?