Scottish golf trip advice

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Downfield should be dry then and is a cracker, but I just played Panmure and loved it.

Although on reasonably flat land, it does have some good undulation, isn't a full out and back course, and has some cracking holes around the main 4-16 hole mid-section.

Gowferdee

Visit site
Downfield should be dry then and is a cracker, but I just played Panmure and loved it.

Although on reasonably flat land, it does have some good undulation, isn't a full out and back course, and has some cracking holes around the main 4-16 hole mid-section.
i'd like to play panmure but just so expensive even on golfnow

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Downfield has been in fantastic condition all season and only going to get better with the incoming investment in new equipment , 2 minute drive from the main road that goes thru Dundee which is handy . Scotscraig is worth a shout as well a lot of change going on and only better for the club going forward , greens were in great knick when i played there on sunday

gopher99

Visit site
We went for the Craighead course, purely because I was talking the the club secretary and he said that most members play the craighead course. And we have got a very mixed group of golfers, from me to an average handicap of 24 for the rest of the guys. So i thought they would find Craighead easier than the Balcomie course.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We went for the Craighead course, purely because I was talking the the club secretary and he said that most members play the craighead course. And we have got a very mixed group of golfers, from me to an average handicap of 24 for the rest of the guys. So i thought they would find Craighead easier than the Balcomie course.

That's the one I played recently, really enjoyed it.
Lovely and friendly clubhouse so try and stop by there.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

I'd say Balcomie is much easier than Craighead and also the more fun course.....great holes round the sea.