Scottish golf trip advice

gopher99

Visit site
Hi,
I have booked a trip to the Fife area for July 2021, I have already got Ladybank booked for the 1st day, gleneagles kings course for the 2nd day and the jubilee course for the 3rd day. We are staying in Dundee and have to get back to Edinburgh airport for 5pm on the last day. Any recommendations for a last day course, we were looking at montrose1592 but that is a bit of trek so any other options you can suggest. The guys are looking to spend around £80 for the round, just to narrow it down a little.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have you considered a 3 day ticket for St Andrews, it gives you unlimited golf on 6 courses so would also cover your green fee for the Jubilee? You will have loads of daylight so you will be able to play some rounds after Ladybank and Gleneagles if you wanted to. Fees are £90 for New/Jubilee and £125 for the Castle in 2021 but the ticket is £260. If you are going to pay £90 for the Jubilee and up to £80 somewhere else then it could be a good option for you.

gopher99

Visit site
We did look at that, the only tee times they had for the new course was on the Friday. Otherwise it’s a great deal and it’s a shame we can’t take the offer up.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ironically, given your itinerary, we played Ladybank on the last day of our Fife trip for just the reasons that you specified - a quick easy return to Edinburgh.
I'd go for leven for some links action (though you wouldn't save that much time) or aberdour for some nice views and a short trip at the end.
Montrose would definitely not work. Have you thought of playing one of the Dundee links courses on the first day and then switching ladybank to the end?
It'll be great, whatever. East coast scottish golf is brilliant.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ironically, given your itinerary, we played Ladybank on the last day of our Fife trip for just the reasons that you specified - a quick easy return to Edinburgh.
I'd go for leven for some links action (though you wouldn't save that much time) or aberdour for some nice views and a short trip at the end.
Montrose would definitely not work. Have you thought of playing one of the Dundee links courses on the first day and then switching ladybank to the end?
It'll be great, whatever. East coast scottish golf is brilliant.

Leven - no.

Lundin - yes.

gopher99

Visit site
There has to be a budget otherwise courses like Dunbarnie and Kingsbarns get mentioned. Carnoustie is £270 a round these days

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bathgate GC is worth a visit in July it will be in excellent condition, the home of 2 Ryder Cup captains. Reasonably priced , a good test of golf, easy walking, and fairly near the airport.

Gowferdee

Visit site
Downfield is nice as is Scotscraig - or maybe St Andrews Bay

I'm in Dundee if you need any recommendations on eating out etc

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure why Aberdour gets such love. It has two quirky par 3's to start, a decent par 5 i think from memory round the bay and that's it.

Last edited: