Scottish Fitba'

Springveldt

Visit site
That's as comfortable as it gets. I can't see anyone laying a glove on this team domestically this season.
Looked like a game against any other SPL team, really should have scored 3 or 4 more.

Bernardo was outstanding, Maeda just terrifies Tav and Celtic just looked sharper everywhere on the pitch.

The big problem for Rangers is that they haven’t got the midfield that can touch McGregor, Hatate and Bernardo. Those 3 were miles above and dominated the game.

Springveldt

Visit site
I often wonder why Macgregor has never had a move to a bigger league. Great player with a great attitude.
Often wondered that myself. Great engine, nearly always available, tidy on the ball, decent pace etc. he definitely could have played at a higher level.

Kinda like this generations Paul McStay.

4LEX

Visit site
Congratulations Celtic on the title. Unless Rodgers gets offered a big job at somewhere like Bournemouth or Nottingham Forest ;)

Long season ahead for Rangers!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Good. 🤣

Correct me if I’m wrong, but, Rangers earned that right and Celtic benefited from it.
Your right to a certain extent. Rangers have contributed more in the last few seasons. However being the best team in Scotland and qualifying automatically is probably the hardest part. In the coming seasons the strength and ability of the teams is going to be vital for European football, I think the Celts will cope best.
That's not to deminish the contribution smaller clubs can make as Rangers have shown.

Reactions: Val

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I often wonder why Macgregor has never had a move to a bigger league. Great player with a great attitude.
He's one of those players that fall into the gap. Certainly good enough to play in a bigger league but probably his ability is under appreciated.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Your right to a certain extent. Rangers have contributed more in the last few seasons. However being the best team in Scotland and qualifying automatically is probably the hardest part. In the coming seasons the strength and ability of the teams is going to be vital for European football, I think the Celts will cope best.
That's not to deminish the contribution smaller clubs can make as Rangers have shown.
😂😂

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What's going on at Hearts?

No wins this season, lost their last 6 games, only 2 goals scored.

Naismith must be pretty near to the sack?
Following a brilliant game against Rangers, too much tinkering about with team shapes.
Two of our best four players on long term injury
22 decent players desperately trying to find some kind of winning formation.
Naismith working on an extended squad to cope with Europa cup .
Looks like he is running out of time.

Last edited:

MACM85

Visit site
I have had to laugh at Clements and Souness in the aftermath of the drubbing they received on the weekend using the stats of the game to say that possession, shots on target and overall shots were in the same numbers as ours so the gap isn't as big as people are making out.

I watched the game and apart from the first 10 mins they were nowhere near the level of Celtic in that game. Their transfer business has been awful. Selling Cantwell for 600k while we got £3m for Johnston and £2m for Lawal who played 3 mins of competitive football for us.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pretty much well regarded in the U21 set-up and promoted to the senior set-up along with Doig as a means of cover considering Forest and Taylor have pulled out.
He's a midfielder, how does he provide cover for a left back and a winger pulling out?

Had my first proper look at him on Sunday. Thought he was poor, reminded me of Ryan Jack on a bad day.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's a midfielder, how does he provide cover for a left back and a winger pulling out?

Had my first proper look at him on Sunday. Thought he was poor, reminded me of Ryan Jack on a bad day.
I didn't comment on good or bad. Only that he has been well regarded in the U21 set-up. It was Steve Clarke that decided that the two spots vacated by Forest and Taylor would be filled by Barron and Doig. How Clarke wants to use or mis-use the players at his disposal is his business.

Personally, haven't watched any of the ugly sisters this season and don't intend to. If I want to watch eye-bleeding stuff there is a local youths team I can go watch (and yes that includes not suffering DAFC as well).

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I didn't comment on good or bad. Only that he has been well regarded in the U21 set-up. It was Steve Clarke that decided that the two spots vacated by Forest and Taylor would be filled by Barron and Doig. How Clarke wants to use or mis-use the players at his disposal is his business.

Personally, haven't watched any of the ugly sisters this season and don't intend to. If I want to watch eye-bleeding stuff there is a local youths team I can go watch (and yes that includes not suffering DAFC as well).
Celtic look superb, dreading the present Hearts team playing them in a couple of weeks.
I think Celtic are due a decent Champions League run this year, they have bought and sold really well.
They will win the league by a country mile, Paddy Power have already paid out :p
Rangers on the other hand were pushed to draw with Hearts ;)