Scottish Fitba'

Springveldt

Visit site
No away tickets for the first two Glasgow Derby games. Is it possible Rangers will still be at Hampden in January?
Doubt there will be away tickets for the last 2 as well, especially if Celtic are looking like champions again. Just wish they would go back to giving the whole Broomloan to Celtic and them getting the 8,000 in the corner at Celtic Park like they used to. Makes for a much better atmosphere.

Springveldt

Visit site
If reports are correct and Celtic have paid Norwich £8.5M plus add-ons for Idah then they have well and truly pulled our pants down. Can't see him getting to the level of Edouard or Dembele if I'm being honest, just think we could have spent that amount better.

Typical Celtic though, it's taken till mid August just to get the team back to where it was at the end of last season, desperately need a new CB, LB either to replace Taylor or as cover at least and another striker really. Can't be relying on the likes of Mikey Johnson and Yang to do anything this year.

Meanwhile we have the board swimming in gold coins like Scrooge McDuck. Must be getting close to £100M in the bank.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
If reports are correct and Celtic have paid Norwich £8.5M plus add-ons for Idah then they have well and truly pulled our pants down. Can't see him getting to the level of Edouard or Dembele if I'm being honest, just think we could have spent that amount better.

Typical Celtic though, it's taken till mid August just to get the team back to where it was at the end of last season, desperately need a new CB, LB either to replace Taylor or as cover at least and another striker really. Can't be relying on the likes of Mikey Johnson and Yang to do anything this year.

Meanwhile we have the board swimming in gold coins like Scrooge McDuck. Must be getting close to £100M in the bank.
They issued a report stating they made even more money last year than expected. All we've done is spend the fee we got for Abada.
They'll also be telling us soon how much they're charging for the UCL 4 match package.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

We might have paid over the odds, but I don’t get how people get hung up on fees, it’s not like it’s coming out the fans pocket. I’m just pleased to see us spend some cash.

Mikey will be out the door this window, just not good enough. Hopefully he will get a permanent move as I’m sick of the sight of him. Yang has potential but is unlikely to get many chances with Kuhn, Forrest and Maeda in front of him.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No away tickets for the first two Glasgow Derby games. Is it possible Rangers will still be at Hampden in January?
Apparently Celtic have spent a six figure sum putting in the structure needed for segregation, Rangers have failed to do anything. No idea if that’s because they think they are going to be at Hampden come the second derby game, but Celtic quite rightly don’t want to allow Rangers fans into the first game, only to find Celtic fans can’t get into the second game.

Springveldt

Visit site
Apparently Celtic have spent a six figure sum putting in the structure needed for segregation, Rangers have failed to do anything. No idea if that’s because they think they are going to be at Hampden come the second derby game, but Celtic quite rightly don’t want to allow Rangers fans into the first game, only to find Celtic fans can’t get into the second game.
They don't really need to do much though, just block off the corner between the Broomloan and the Govan and give Celtic what they used to get. Same with Celtic, Rangers should get the 8,000 or so they used to get in the old Rangers end.

No matter how much Sky try to build it up the atmosphere is garbage at the game now (or appears to be from TV, haven't been to a derby game in years). Went to loads when I was younger, I used to hate going to Ibrox because it always felt like the seats were crammed together and it was the 90's and they were winning everything. :LOL:

I get they have probably already sold season tickets for those seats but it's something both clubs need to get back to doing going forward. I also get Rangers hated seeing 7,500 Celtic fans celebrating the league title every year at their ground.

Springveldt

Visit site
We might have paid over the odds, but I don’t get how people get hung up on fees, it’s not like it’s coming out the fans pocket. I’m just pleased to see us spend some cash.

Mikey will be out the door this window, just not good enough. Hopefully he will get a permanent move as I’m sick of the sight of him. Yang has potential but is unlikely to get many chances with Kuhn, Forrest and Maeda in front of him.
I think it's more allocation of resources as you know how tight the board are with the purse strings. Just seen that Aberdeen are getting £6.8M for Miovski so yeah, maybe £8.5M isn't as much of an overpay as I thought it was.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Let’s see how the temporary residents of Hampden cope on Saturday with the Super Saintees Speedy Strike force…after all…each of the last two times StJ were at Hampden we won a cup…😘

Yes…I admit to seeing a lot of swallows, but you never know…we may well have turned a corner…