Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
5-1 was flattering to Scotland. That was a real horror show. Not one player came out that game with any credit, neither does the manager. I can accept being outclassed, but we just looked scared stiff from the very start.
Just as we did in the match against England. Maybe the fans need to turn down the enthusiasm of the pre-match support as it seems to be affecting the players negatively…as in the support has done its bit 110% (if that were possible) so all the support needs is for you to do your bit…that’s not too hard is it…🤔

But I am afraid is was rather poor. And even though for me it wasn’t unexpected - I was still very disappointed.

No matter…

“We are better than that” (Steve Clarke)
“We’ll see” (SILH)

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Very strange tactics.
I am sure that the German right winger spent more time on the ball than the entire Scottish team [with the exception of Gunn]
He had acres of space, totally unmarked for most of the game, and when he gathered up his numerous passes the Scots defenders stood off him.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very strange tactics.
I am sure that the German right winger spent more time on the ball than the entire Scottish team [with the exception of Gunn]
He had acres of space, totally unmarked for most of the game, and when he gathered up his numerous passes the Scots defenders stood off him.
That’s what happens when you try to go man for man with a back three against a far superior side.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Steve Clarke’s tactics were a mile off it.
Players looked lost out there and Porteous has always been a bit of a bomb scare.
Massive ask to get out of the group now, confidence will be rock bottom.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just as we did in the match against England. Maybe the fans need to turn down the enthusiasm of the pre-match support as it seems to be affecting the players negatively…as in the support has done its bit 110% (if that were possible) so all the support needs is for you to do your bit…that’s not too hard is it…🤔

But I am afraid is was rather poor. And even though for me it wasn’t unexpected - I was still very disappointed.

No matter…

“We are better than that” (Steve Clarke)
“We’ll see” (SILH)

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴

Much as I admired the raw passion during FofS I did think it was more reminiscent of a rugby match atmosphere. Then Tierney I think made a tackle in the first couple of minutes and Robertson hugged him like he'd just done something amazing. I thought at the time it just wasn't what you normally see before a football match and that level of adrenalin wasn't necessarily going to be helpful. In a full on contact sport like rugby then it's useful but struck me they were being overwhelmed by the occasion.