Scottish Fitba'

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m starting to think Shankland could score 50 goals in a season and Clark would still start Adams.

One of the worst “strikers” I’ve seen but starts in a major tournament game. He must, MUST have nuddy pictures of Steve Clark.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, that was an education handed out.

Why you would start a game against a fast and far superior front 3 with a back 3 is beyond me.

Scotland setting a record at a tournament at least.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did predict we'd be bottom of the group a few months ago but as it got closer I sort of hoped we go through, no chance we're mince.
If he learns from this and plays a back 4 against Switzerland then we might, might have a chance of getting something.

Sadly he doesn’t seem capable of learning.

Why change the shape and tactics that won so many games and produced so many decent perfomances?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don’t think we’ll see much difference in Adams being withdrawn, did bugger all anyway.

But Grant Hanley coming on? We’re screwed.
Can’t see Adams can really be criticised…he worked hard to get into space but we never held on to the ball long enough in our own half to pick him out with decent balls.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can’t see Adams can really be criticised…he worked hard to get into space but we never held on to the ball long enough in our own half to pick him out with decent balls.
He never dropped short to give additional options. He never does, always tries to play off/back in to the last defender.

When you don’t have the ball and you don’t have many outs, there’s no point being on the edge of the opposition box.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Told my wife before the start that I was thinking 4-1 defeat. Wasn’t too far or long from getting that right.
Funny that, I said 5-0 after the team list went up
Normally a big fan of Clarke but he got the team and tactics dreadfully wrong that time.

Mind you Germany were superb. and even if Scotland had played well they would have lost.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clarke tends do the old pals act too much, picking the same faces.
New young blood like Shankland is needed ASAP. The keeper should've saved at least 1 of the goals.
I thought the score would be 3-1, but as consolation prize I bet a penalty at 6/1 .