Scottish Fitba'

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember Scotland the brave at the football. Great tune but nobody knew the words. Then we copied the rugby and changed to FOS. That's a great song but not sure it works as an anthem.
Personally would like to see someone pen some decent lyrics to Highland Cathedral and go from there. That's a tune to rouse anyone.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember Scotland the brave at the football. Great tune but nobody knew the words. Then we copied the rugby and changed to FOS. That's a great song but not sure it works as an anthem.
Personally would like to see someone pen some decent lyrics to Highland Cathedral and go from there. That's a tune to rouse anyone.
Or ask Dougie MacLean to tweak the words of his Caledonia - most of us know the tune…and if not - it’s easy. As an exile the words have meaning for me, but a tweak of the words to be less reflective and ’longing’ would work for me.

FoS is beautiful when sung as a quiet reflective ballad as Roy Williamson wrote it, and as the Corries originally sang it - considerably less moving when bawled out as an ‘anthem’.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or ask Dougie MacLean to tweak the words of his Caledonia - most of us know the tune…and if not - it’s easy. As an exile the words have meaning for me, but a tweak of the words to be less reflective and ’longing’ would work for me.

FoS is beautiful when sung as a quiet reflective ballad as Roy Williamson wrote it, and as the Corries originally sang it - considerably less moving when bawled out as an ‘anthem’.

The Bluebells are Blue, easy to learn the words would go down well with some :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited: