Scotland v England GM Ryder Cup Match Feb 20th/21st 09.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Listen pal not an bit of English blood in me and the fact I was born in Castle Hills maternity home on the North bank of the Tweed is as I keep telling you only occupied territory!

Dates are Friday 20th and Saturday 21st Feb incase your eyes are failing...it's only plastered all over the thread!
The highest class gaff would be Queens Head or probably.....

http://www.sallyport.co.uk/

But I wouldn't be fussing too much over a top class hotel.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right, I am definitly in, unless something really drastic happens. With the amount of interest shown, is it really going to be just 8 aside?

Side note, anyone know how close the queens head accom is to pubs bars etc?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Listen pal not an bit of English blood in me and the fact I was born in Castle Hills maternity home on the North bank of the Tweed is as I keep telling you only occupied territory!

Dates are Friday 20th and Saturday 21st Feb incase your eyes are failing...it's only plastered all over the thread!
The highest class gaff would be Queens Head or probably.....

http://www.sallyport.co.uk/

But I wouldn't be fussing too much over a top class hotel.

Pal,Pal..... i've never even met you :D

My "English" eyes are failing, but I asked if it WAS booked.

As an aside the Sallyport looks the DB's but if I am sharing then the romantic suites are out or H.I.D WILL be tagging along and the other suites are for min 2 nights.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dodger and J_F ...well done in getting this off the ground.
Brilliant idea..just brilliant!!
I had talked SWMBO into letting me go for a week earlier,but on the weekend sorted I'm away with work!
Hopefully next time.
Hope you all have a really great time(sob,sob,barstewards)
NO,seriously have a really great time and may the Jocks truimph!!(God's chosen people....to suffer...most of the time) :)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Guys, before we all go nuts on this, and book out every available lodging for miles, how will this work? We are looking at Feb, people will drop out, drop in, etc. Yes, I am keen, and have said I'm in, but if 40 of us say I'm in, and book accomodation, it just isn't going to work on the day. We are talking 16 odd slots for golf, and so far, blimey, everyone wants in. WTF.

Lets cool down a bit, get past xmas, see who's got any money left, etc.

Yes, I am looking forward to it, but this response is just crazy.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guys, before we all go nuts on this, and book out every available lodging for miles, how will this work? We are looking at Feb, people will drop out, drop in, etc. Yes, I am keen, and have said I'm in, but if 40 of us say I'm in, and book accomodation, it just isn't going to work on the day. We are talking 16 odd slots for golf, and so far, blimey, everyone wants in. WTF.

There isn't that much to do up there in the winter....hence the keeness....what are the numbers on each side so far BTW?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just PM'd J_F saying I couldn't beleive the response on here, When I sugested a A few of us from the north invade the scots, I expected no more than 8 of us at best, in reality I was thinking 4 would be good enough.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

Got to agree on this. I sent Tony a Pm explaining that I had logged on at tea time and all the hotels in Berwick are booked up :eek:

As with other meets, some will drop out, others want to be added. I'm surprised at the response given that the intial 20 for the belfry suggestion quickly reduced to............ 4

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This is my point, 57 scots book out the accomodation, only space for 8 to play, nuts. Yes, we have a date, yes people are keen, so let's move from there. In say, mid Jan, we need to sort out teams, confirm availability, etc. What is the rush, we are talking 3 months away. Yes, I want in, but not to the extent that I am comitting myself to a hotel now.

If we book the course, great, I think we will fill the slot from the interest shown so far, but more than that, chill, there is pllenty of time.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just PM'd J_F saying I couldn't beleive the response on here, When I sugested a A few of us from the north invade the scots, I expected no more than 8 of us at best, in reality I was thinking 4 would be good enough.

Tony, sorry for raining on your parade, so to make things easier ....

I AM OUT !!!!!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Madandra, I dont know if you have taken that the wrong way, and reading it back myself it looks like it may have come across the wrong way so I will put it another way.

When I said 4 would be good enough, I meant if we got 4 going up, I would of been happy, going by our recent meets this is the number we keep getting. But the more the better.

I also said th J_F that I would hate for people to be left out and wondered if everyone could be catered for. I really do hope so.

If you are still OUT, I hope its because of a legitimite reason and not because you think I was being arsey, I couldn't have been further from arsey, I was trying to show how delighted I was with the response.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think that was how it came accross.

To me, it is good to suss out the interest now, but bonkers to book anything til 1 month in advance, whether tee times or accomodation. Every thing is in a state of flux, til post xmas, and I say this from a position of financial security that some others sadly don't have.

I hope I haven't offended any one, but I am trying to inject some realism and common sense.