Scotland v England GM Ryder Cup Match Feb 20th/21st 09.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi has anyone provisionally booked rooms at the castle hotel as all the rooms are booked for the 20/21 feb ?????

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hell,Its booked up?? Didnt expect that.Queens Head a good hotel with nice bar,a bit more expensive but worth a look,not sure they have a winter price,I ould doubt it tho.Travelodge cheap as chips I am sure if booked well in advance and only a ten min walk to pubs/2 min taxi ride,another hotel(can't promise what it is like but centre of town)is Kings Arms..link below.

http://www.kingsarms-hotel.com/

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
So long as we've all got a bed for the night and somewhere to drink beer together.....I'm happy to stay anywhere... but will probably book a room nearer the time.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
One advantage of living in the desolate wastelands of the frozen north, Lewis. Did you know Grolsch was only 20p a gallon, too?

Oh, guys, that Travelodge has twin occupancy rooms available for £32 for the room. They provide bedding for the sofa bed to be used by the second person. Or you could just cuddle up and really get to know each other.

;)

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Changed my mind.

I've just booked a room at the Travelodge in Berwick Upon Tweed for the Friday night. You know what you're getting with a Travelodge and it was only £29.

Sorted! Here's a link if anyone is interested;-

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/index.php

J_F,

I have stayed in Travelodges before and they are, quite frankly, cheap and nasty. However, I do not intend to be in any fit state to complain after golf and beers so I have also booked the Friday night in the Berwick Upon Tweed Travelodge.

May the Lord have mercy upon my soul...+

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not a bad choice guys,Travelodge isnext door to Morrisons and McDonalds for brekkie Sat morning.Only downside is fair pad of the hoof to pubs but easy taxi journey which will cost you about 80p between 4 of you!
Queens Heid bang in centre of town and run by a pal of mine who I golf with so you will get well looked after there.Kings Arms 100 yards from Queens Heid so fine there too.

golfandmoregolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a shame!!! Would loved to have come,and meet some of you chaps........To far for me!Live in the mids... Have a good day and hope to meet some of you chaps at a later date maybe?
Cheers
Pete.

DCB

Visit site
Also booked in at the TravelLodge. Prices have gone up though. £32 now !

Early bird gets the worm and all that!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in. I just need exact confirmation of date. Is it booked?.
Is there an Hilton or other high class gaff?
Failing that, if i've been on the juice, just reserve me a telephone box. I've spent many a night in a box/bus shelter. Not sure what to do with the clubs though.

One major gripe (not a gripe really) I can't surf at work so by the time I get home everything is booked up and price increase due to popularity.(do the hotels in Berwicl think theolympics are are or what?) Post these bloody meets early evening

Date is imperitive