Ryder Cup style match YORKSHIRE V NE ... Sun 2nd March

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's great Mark, sounds very good.... as well as the brolly??? or is that now in use :eek:

We'll get the weather we'll get!!! at least the ground is much drier now but we'll continue with the 'Exceptional Winter Rules'

Not long now :whoo:

Aye that's as well as the brolly.

Really looking forward to this, hope the weather is kind to us.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hedgehog fitted to trolley - Check
Clubs Cleaned - Check
Balls Marked - Check
Brolly and wet weather gear in bag, just in case - Check
Shoes Cleaned - Check

Ability to hit golf ball - missing, last seen in the trees on the 6th looking lost, if found please return.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Hedgehog fitted to trolley - Check
Clubs Cleaned - Check
Balls Marked - Check
Brolly and wet weather gear in bag, just in case - Check
Shoes Cleaned - Check

Ability to hit golf ball - missing, last seen in the trees on the 6th looking lost, if found please return.

Took me 2 hours of fettling and bodging the hedgehog wheels, the buggers kept squealing, think they were either pissed that i disturbed their hibernation or they did not like the flange up their @ss..

on a serious note, no instructions came with the hedgehog wheels so it did take time to figure it out and then still had to bodge it.. looks like i could be 2 wheeling it 2moro if the front wheels takes a wonder..:confused:

Geordie pride at stake...

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Just checked, i have a Dozen, yes that's 12 Callaway Warbird Plus courtesy of American Golf for you to fit into a prize category & a very small bottle of Vino...

Oh and i am still in 2 minds to put left handed or right handed, either way i can't put.. see Bri & Khamelion for testimony, how can anyone shot 1 over par on the back 9 at Siloth and still 3 x 3 putt.. yes me... we should have a format where someone putts for me and i just get the ball to the green..:putt:

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Up,dressed, and ready. Just off up to my club for a wee dram and a bit of banter before heading over to Wike looking forward to meeting old friends and new.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
A big thank you to Wayman and 2Blue for organising this meeting, a cracking day out, great course, excellent company within my fourball and through out both teams, brilliant craic all day.

Maybe on one of these forum meets I'll get the ball further than 20 yds off the first tee. Today I managed to let first tee yips get the better of me again and I just managed to get past the ladies tee, oh well, there's always next time.

Oh aye, the result, a close one, but the North East triumphed by one point, Yorkshire lads 10, North East lads 11.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just like to say a MASSIVE thanks to Dave .... 2blue for Organising a great day out
Thoroughly enjoyed it
My 1st round of the year

The company was GREAT :thup:
Great Banter with Greg....aka The Hammer and his partner Bali
Made the day

Lastly , just to say well done to all of the Victorious North East team :whoo:
Tight Win
But a WIN all the same

Look forward to the rematch

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe on one of these forum meets I'll get the ball further than 20 yds off the first tee. Today I managed to let first tee yips get the better of me again and I just managed to get past the ladies tee, oh well, there's always next time.

20 yards........??
Are u sure.....??

Past the Ladies Tees......??
Are u sure....................??

Not too sure myself...........:whistle:

But u defo win the Shiniest Clubs award :clap:

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A big thanks to Dave organising , well done sir!
Good laugh in our four ball with moogie and Steve

"I wasn't gannning, iwasny ganning t gan" haha, We'll done to Balli my partner who halved the match little help from me.
I hope the members weren't too irate with the slow play they had to put with, falling back 2 holes after 12 or 13 had a few chuntering,
( and a few visitors).

Won't mention the result , but looking forward to a return match, and hopefully the carvery plates will be a bit bigger.

Good day, good laugh.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A big thanks to Dave organising , well done sir!
Good laugh in our four ball with moogie and Steve

"I wasn't gannning, iwasny ganning t gan" haha, We'll done to Balli my partner who halved the match little help from me.
I hope the members weren't too irate with the slow play they had to put with, falling back 2 holes after 12 or 13 had a few chuntering,
( and a few visitors).

Won't mention the result , but looking forward to a return match, and hopefully the carvery plates will be a bit bigger.

Good day, good laugh.

I wish it was that fast, it was that slow I thought the post match meal was going to be breakfast. I don't know who was at fault but they need to be in the last group for any future meets.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here Here,a massive thanks to Dave for the day. Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. Close result from two evenly matched teams. Lots of smiling faces throughout the day and a good spread of winnings for all. Oh and if anyone found an arse I left mine on the first tee. My knees didn't stop knocking until the 9th.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Dave and everyone else that helped organise the day and a special thanks to Drawboy for keeping me topped up with some fine whiskey on the way round.

Be good if we could organize a rematch up north for the end of summer if anyone fancys it?

Seems a shame to wait till next year for the rematch.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wish it was that fast, it was that slow I thought the post match meal was going to be breakfast. I don't know who was at fault but they need to be in the last group for any future meets.

Not guilty, one of the lads in our match did have a word with the group in front as they had lost two full holes. We were hoping to get in before the rain and we might have done it had it not have been for the two hole loss.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not guilty, one of the lads in our match did have a word with the group in front as they had lost two full holes. We were hoping to get in before the rain and we might have done it had it not have been for the two hole loss.

Perhaps , the "word" to the group in front should have been to be allowed to play through....??

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
so then, named and shamed, 3rd from last group.

It sure was

When we were on the 5th tee , the course ranger informed us that this group had lost a hole even then

Later , when we were on 12th tee , this same group (4th group) was on the 12th green , yet the group in front of them , (3rd group) , was on the 15th tee box......!!
Their game was finished then aswell

We waited , for a good while too , on every single tee box on Sunday