Ryder Cup style match YORKSHIRE V NE ... Sun 2nd March

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forecast looks like a good drop of rain tonight and into the wee small hours, then it looks like it'll be dry until Sunday, or I hope that's what it'll be.

A dry Sunday.

The forecast is looking good for early March... so here's hoping. To be honest, regarding the closed holes, if they've opened the 3rd & 4th holes then they won't be closing them again..... they and their advisors believe that if you invest enough work & treatment in the greens then they will withstand all round year use (they are the nearest greens formed a year ago)...more Clubs are beginning to think that way as it is an annual membership we pay for 12 months golf. Will let you decide if that philosophy is working. or not:ears:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The forecast is looking good for early March... so here's hoping. To be honest, regarding the closed holes, if they've opened the 3rd & 4th holes then they won't be closing them again..... they and their advisors believe that if you invest enough work & treatment in the greens then they will withstand all round year use (they are the nearest greens formed a year ago)...more Clubs are beginning to think that way as it is an annual membership we pay for 12 months golf. Will let you decide if that philosophy is working. or not:ears:
(they are the newest greens formed a year ago)
Only just remember posting this in the small hours..... hope my prediction holds good as its raining pretty steady here at the mo..... rather wintery :confused:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
(they are the newest greens formed a year ago)
Only just remember posting this in the small hours..... hope my prediction holds good as its raining pretty steady here at the mo..... rather wintery :confused:

Could be an interesting few days, the forecasters are saying we should expect snow, probably only at high level, but bugger just when the weather picks up, it turns around and hoofs you square in the plums.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could be an interesting few days, the forecasters are saying we should expect snow, probably only at high level, but bugger just when the weather picks up, it turns around and hoofs you square in the plums.

Had that in The Lakes on Tues @ 2,600ft on Green Gable had to abort 300ft below Great Gable summit due to 40mph blizzard.
Blasted by same wind, no snow, yesterday @ Seaton Carew, hell on the links (31 pts top score on school of 15).... hoping to play Wike tomorrow in benign conditions... wintery showers blowing through today, had to put a jumper on top of me T-shirt:whoo:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oi!!

I'm a very sensitive person and easily hurt...

I do apologise then Sir.....

I must have you mixed up with this other old fart I know..............;)

See you sunday then mate , should be interesting.......never struck a bat all year , 1st time on a course.....!!!

Had a few very dodgy range sessions this week , (think Richy will verify) , Im hitting a mean low flighted (top) 5 wood right now:eek:

If we could only just play our match on the 'other' course at Leeds (the Oaks) then Id probably be OK....:D

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Forecast looking decent for Sunday... fit and raring to go... just back from a 5 mile run!!

So..........The CAR still running OK then Bri......:rofl:

I do apologise then Sir.....

I must have you mixed up with this other old fart I know..............;)

See you sunday then mate , should be interesting.......never struck a bat all year , 1st time on a course.....!!!

Had a few very dodgy range sessions this week , (think Richy will verify) , Im hitting a mean low flighted (top) 5 wood right now:eek:

If we could only just play our match on the 'other' course at Leeds (the Oaks) then Id probably be OK....:D

I'm off up to the course in an hour to warm my right arm in the bar... if you fancy a knock...

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are we having team colours then? I can do white, green, black or red, but I ain't doing red and white, I'll play topless before that happens.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are we having team colours then? I can do white, green, black or red, but I ain't doing red and white, I'll play topless before that happens.

Team colours is red and white to support the boys :)

Off to Chester soon hit some balls for a hour or so and have a couple holes

Weather is to good to be sitting in the house