Ryder Cup style match YORKSHIRE V NE ... Sun 2nd March

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sitting watch the glorious weather in spread sheet and support contract hell, every time I close my eyes I see firewall serial number and a dollar cost for support renewal.

The only thing getting me through, is the thought of Bri's face as he tries a scampi fry :rofl:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
COURSE UP-DATE….
Played today, Fri, with all course open & playing well, except temporary 17th due to course improvements
Due to the course being some 300 yds shorter off the forward yellows tees (Ladies are as normal except there is a +2 SSS adjustment) an H/Cap adjustment of 7/8ths for men will only be fair [I think/hope], so unless there is any strong objection/good reason, I’ve adjusted H/Caps accordingly….. we’ll still be playing 3/4r’s of the difference, of course.

It’s notable that the NE Team have the Scratch-man in every match, so we look forward to being impressed :)
Don’t fear, I’ll have the cards prepared prior & we’ll still play a point for Front, Back & overall.

PLEASE NOTE…..Trolleys must have Winter Wheels.... pull or electric can be hired.
Also-
• Exceptional Winter Rules have applied since Nov so will still be in force ie Clean & place thro’ the green… means, everywhere except hazards & bunkers
• 17th will be a temporary & played as a par 4 rather than 5, pin can be left in.

NE Team Pairings V Yorkshire Team Pairings

TeeTime & 7/8ths adjustment applied
10.15 Craig (Wayman) (5) + Jim (16) V Dave (2Blue) (11) + Andrea (31)
10.22 Martyn (Beezerk) (18) +Johnna (4) V Lump, James (5) + Wesley (19)
10.30Bri (Hobbit) (4) + Kev (12) V Mark (9) + Tyke, Rick, (13)
10.37 Steve(8) + Bozza (18) V Drawboy, Wayne (11)+ David K (17)
10.45 Kellfire, Marc (13) + Stu (Kraxx) (13) V Johnny (19) + Kath (23)
10.52 Chris (9) + Dave (Khamelion) (15) V Peter Sandhu (10) + Dave Boulby (14)
11.00 Brian (Moogie) (8) + Richy (16) V Bali (11) + Hammer, Greg (13)

Don't know how early folk can get there but it would be good to meet before we go out & remember we have Coffee & Bacon roll on arrival.
Complimentary Range Balls will be available from Andy in Pro Shop under my name.

Payment list is... NE 1 – 1 to Yorkshire

GENEROUS Yorkshire Folk ……. ALL PAID
CANNY North Eastern Team ALL PAID

******ENOUGH PRIZES FOR*****
4 nearest Pins on Par 3’s …. 5th, 7th, 13th & 16th
Nearest pin in 2 on 14th & 18th
Men’s Longest Drive on 17th
Ladies Longest Drive on 17th
Brightest Out-fit
Smartest Out-fit
Worst Shot of the Day
Any other ideas welcome!!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Think that was a 'leg-pull' aimed at me

As he knows Im hitting it 'sideways'...........!!! :smirk:

If it was aimed at you, he'd probably miss (or thin or shank or fat)

Only one more sleep....................................... not counting my old man nap this afternoon.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jeez need to get out and practice today, ain't picked up a club for 2 weeks :fore:

Picking up Craig early doors so should be there about half 8 ish, word has it he's got 8 cans for the journey down :cheers:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jeez need to get out and practice today, ain't picked up a club for 2 weeks :fore:

Picking up Craig early doors so should be there about half 8 ish, word has it he's got 8 cans for the journey down :cheers:

So......Captain Craig is leading by example......

Then again , you would need to have a few Beers :cheers: to watch that team of his in the Final......

Shouldn't really be giving advice..... but, it's definitely a 10 can journey to these parts:eek:

Prize up-date

On re-view we now have (Donations allowing)

******PRIZES FOR*****

Nearest Pins on Par 3’s … 5th 7th 13th 16th

Nearest pin in 2 or 3 if laying-up before water(we're that kind of inclusive Club) 6th 18th.. LeadBetter Voucher

Men’s Longest Drive on 17th

Lady’s Longest Drive on 17th

Brightest Out-fit

Smartest Out-fit

Worst Shot of the Day

GPS Info
It's WIKE RIDGE
SkyCaddie... Golf Buddy..... Fully covered
Garmin... despite reminders haven't up-dated the changed holes... Dooh:confused:

I'll be there just before 8.30 to warn everyone:clap: See you then :whoo:

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to let you know I've got another prize to donate, it's a sleeve of balls, pitch mark repairer and tees, they are top of the range, hence the reason I still have them from my works golf day over a year a go! ;)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to let you know I've got another prize to donate, it's a sleeve of balls, pitch mark repairer and tees, they are top of the range, hence the reason I still have them from my works golf day over a year a go! ;)

That's great Mark, sounds very good.... as well as the brolly??? or is that now in use :eek:

We'll get the weather we'll get!!! at least the ground is much drier now but we'll continue with the 'Exceptional Winter Rules'

Not long now :whoo:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave I'll also bring a Golf Monthly 100 anniversary Head Cover that I have never used.
Cheers Wayne... a collectors item indeed, thanks:whoo:
What was the format that was finally agreed?

In brief... for the men, due to forward winter Yellow tees & Exceptional Rules, we're playing from 7/8ths... no reduction for the ladies as their tees haven't moved. My H/Cap Sec says that when they are against men a +2 should be applied for SSS difference. Seems about fair to me.
Then finally it's 3/4ers of the difference as normal for B/Ball Matchplay.
We're playing front 9 Back 9 then overall with a point for each. OK??

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cool, was just curious on the matchplay format, four better ball, best ball or something
Yeah... 4Ball Better Ball Match Play... played off 3/4ers difference between each player against the lowest man. So one of the players is off Scratch... no shots, & the others receive shots. Your partner is Scratch-man you get the most shots in your 4 ball ie 5..... that's SI 1 to 5. Hope I'm not stating the obvious to you :eek: Sorry if I am.
Here is the list that I believe is accurate based on the H/Caps I was given or is on GM..... Hope they're OK as I've now done the cards :whistle:

NE Team Pairings Yorkshire Team Pairings
10.15 Craig (Wayman) (6/5) + Jim (18/16) V Dave (2Blue) (12/11) + Andrea (29/31)
Getting 0 8 5 20

10.22 Martyn (Beezerk) (20/18) + Johnna (4/4) V Lump, James (6/5) + Wesley (22/19)
Getting 11 0 1 11

10.30 Bri (Hobbit) (5/4) + Kev (14/12) V Mark (10/9) + Tyke, Rick, (15/13)
Getting 0 6 4 7

10.37 Steve(9/8) + Bozza, Mark (20/18) V Drawboy, Wayne (12/11)+ David K (19/17)
Getting 0 8 2 7

10.45 Kellfire, Marc (15/13) + Stu (Kraxx) (15/13) V Johnny (22/19) + Kath (21/23)
Getting 0 0 5 8

10.52 Chris (10/9) + Dave (Khamelion) (17/15) V Peter (11/10) + Dave Boulby (16/14)
Getting 0 5 1 4

11.00 Brian (Moogie) (9/8) + Richy (18/16) V Bali (12/11) + Hammer, Greg (14/12)
Getting 0 6 2 3

In brackets is H/Cap then 7/8ths of it.... in bold is the 3/4er difference each is getting... simples:clap:

You can't tell really... but its' likely it'll lead to a close match... here's hoping :thup: You can do no more:ears:

Last edited:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Renewed faith in the golf swing after todays round. Looking forward to this now, will be very nice to hit off fairways after a lllooonnggg winter off fairway mats.

Shall be rocking up about 8.30-9.00am

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I change my HC to 28 please, been to range this afternoon with Stu and I think I've forgotten how to play golf, I would have hit the ball better, straighter and further had I had hold of the metal end and used the grip to hit the ball.