Alwoodley Match Yorkshire v NE. on Friday 16th Oct 2015

D

Deleted member 16999

Aye Paul.... In this fixture, Forum membership has never been a consideration. However, 'Alwoodley Mark' has played in the last 2 matches against the NE. & with Neil Glover in the other 4Ball you have 2 of the few who have played Alwoodley before & can guide you round. Mind you, with 'Robinnio' in your side you should be assured of victory...... I'm just hoping my boys can make a game of it. :mad:

FINAL LINE-UP
Tee times
10am HDIDo’s Steve Galbraith - 10 SOUP
Strixon1 - Robbo - 4 CHIPS
Steve's mate - Tim Leddy - 10 SOUP

10.10am * 2 Blue - Dave Will -12 CHIPS
Rosecott- Jim – 17 CHIPS
Cheifi0 – Josh Hibbett -13 SOUP

10.20am Wike’s- Ken Walker - 12 SOUP
Barnsley – Wes Hibbett -15 SOUP
Wike’s- Neil Adams - 15 CHIPS
Wike’s- Sam Hamblett - 10 CHIPS

10.30am Alwoodley – Mark Inman -9 (YORKS) SOUP
Wike's - Peter Sandhu - 15 (YORKS) SOUP
Wayman – Craig - 7 (NE) CHIPS
Khamelion – Dave - 21 (NE) SOUP

10.40am Fish – Robin - 20 (NE) CHIPS
pauld42 - Paul - 14 (NE) CHIPS
Wike's Neil Glover - 12 (YORKS) SOUP
Wike’s - Jeff Laverack -20 (YORKS) SOUP

10.50am Wike’s - Bali Chana -11 SOUP
George Will (son-of-2Blue) - 18 SOUP
Wike’s – Suki Singh - 14 SOUP
Barnsley – Dave -16 SOUP

MONIES outstanding
ROBIN £2
PAULD42 £2
NEIL ADAMS £12
JIM £12

PRIZES
1ST £30
2ND £20
3RD £10
PINS/DRIVE 3x£10
Mind games Dave, just getting the first shot off across the bows:)

Don't want you Yorkshiremen thinking it's awlak in the park!!
See you tomorrow mate:whoo:

D

Deleted member 16999

Just home from another cracking day, the North East showed no mercy in putting Yorkshire to the sword, despite them fielding their A Team, Trophy safe once again.
Alwoodley is superb, well worth a visit for anyone venturing near Leeds.
Thanks to 2blue(Dave) for setting it all up, I might suggest we play crazy golf next year to give our Yorkshire foe a chance😃
Big thanks to fellow teamates, Khamelion, Wayman and Fish, ⛳️

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aye ... WELL DONE TO THE NE !!
Rest of the results are...
Hi guys.... Individual Results from today

1st Dave Williams - (2Blue) 34pts
2nd Neil Adams 32pts
3rd Craig (Wayman) 30pts
4th Stevie Robinson (Strixon1) 30pts
5th Neil Glover 29pts
6th Josh Hibbert- (Chiefi0) 29pts
7th Barnsley Dave 28pts
8th Steve Galbraith 28pts ..... small bottle of Port was left Stevie.. you want it?

NP - Stevie Robinson (Strixon1)
NP in 2 - Dave Williams (2Blue)
Longest Drive - Bali Chana

A great day was enjoyed by all..... thanks for making the journey.... hope it was worthwhile.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for organising Dave. Great track, but a tale of two halves for me. 1 over going out then on the back nine I had 4 three putts on the trot to score 30 points. Great day though and great company, well worth the 300 mile drive.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Once again Dave thanks for a well organised day.
Thought we were going to get wet in bits. Loved the course and the set up so jealous of mark been a member there. Thanks to Dave, Peter and mark for the game really enjoyed it.
Happy with 30pts to be honest with not playing much recently although I did miss so easy putts and holed two rakers so it evened out.
Well done NE lads easy win again hey ;)
Looking forward to next years game already

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Didn't post last night as I was knackered after nearly a 4 hour drive back in tortuous traffic :mad: but it was worth is :D

Thanks for organising and providing a very well run day Dave at what can only be described as a GREAT course, I definitely want and need to go back and play it in the summer months, especially as I'm now aware of some of those blind approaches which caught me out at times.

Thanks to my playing partner Paul, we nearly did everything to throw it away towards the end but the points we piled on individually earlier on made sure we supported Wayman & Khamelion with their triumph and we (The NE Massive) secured the trophy for yet another year :whoo:

It's a very tricky course to navigate around for the first time, I was very pleased with my driving and found myself outstripping all my PP's and being in position A most of the round only to then make a poor club choice for 2nd shots at times throwing away some excellent opportunities to make a real killing, my short game just didn't travel yesterday and that's been a strong part of my game recently :confused:

Some nice par's though especially on the lower indexes and a great birdie when I stiffed a strong 5i 172 yards uphill into the drizzle to a very undulated and tricky green, I thought I'd got 4 points but Dave rigged (sorry changed) it to 3/4's so I played off 15 and didn't get a shot so had to settle for 3 :eek:, I thought I'd outsripped the longest drive by a couple of inches but had to concede it when we lasered back to the tee block, I'm glad Bali behind me furthered it again so it didn't matter.

If you were just slightly offline the heather was brutal but I managed to get out well when I needed to, same with the bunkers, great company with Neil & Geoff and I did see Paul at times from a distance snigger.gif

The pictures don't do it justice, but I strongly advise everyone, if you get a chance to play Alwoodley, take it :thup:

1.jpg

2.jpg
Go on Jim, rip it....can you spot the senior string tees :smirk:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
Our Captain Wayman receiving the trophy from Dave

11.jpg