Ryder Cup style match YORKSHIRE V NE ... Sun 2nd March

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
No driver for sale, Parted with £100 on lessons today, waste of money ,£20 would have cured it:)
Need to be better for Lindrick , cant be letting craig down, then woodhall spa:eek:

Greg don't worry about letting me down I'm just there to play course if we get a prize is a bonus

I'm up for having another big meet up our way sept/oct time

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Greg don't worry about letting me down I'm just there to play course if we get a prize is a bonus

I'm up for having another big meet up our way sept/oct time

Great.... a meet... let's set it up... where?? Need a good deal & decent course... can enquire at Seaton if you fancy, easy trip from Yarkshur... let me know. Am there today, Wed

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah think we need somewhere that's happy to take a society on a weekend, I've also heard that Seaton are pretty stubbourn when it comes to offering deals.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slaley would be a good call
Or
Matfen Hall
Both happy to take weekend visiting Parties too

You sure about Slaley? Nice course granted and probably a good deal to be had if the numbers are right, but they make up for what they give you in green fees back at the bar afterwards.

Remember the last NE meet at Slaley I bought two egg and bacon butties and two lager shandies (I was driving and Stu well...) anyway for those four items they took me for £24.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You sure about Slaley? Nice course granted and probably a good deal to be had if the numbers are right, but they make up for what they give you in green fees back at the bar afterwards.

Remember the last NE meet at Slaley I bought two egg and bacon butties and two lager shandies (I was driving and Stu well...) anyway for those four items they took me for £24.

I DON'T normally base my club/course selections on bar prices though...........

Just somewhere that is happy to take weekend visiting parties , not all clubs are happy to take such groups

But YES
I do remember
I doubt I shall ever forget
Your face ........ the look ....... PRICELESS :rofl:

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I DON'T normally base my club/course selections on bar prices though...........

Just somewhere that is happy to take weekend visiting parties , not all clubs are happy to take such groups

But YES
I do remember
I doubt I shall ever forget
Your face ........ the look ....... PRICELESS :rofl:

Sounds good, Sunday driver! Our lass in spa, no hassle, and Monday for those if they want.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As you say... Seaton is Monday only. :mad: Shame as it would have been convenient as well as different on links.

A Slaley meet would be good..... we've 3 guys down here with those vouchers you get when buying Golf Insurance. We maybe able to use them for the one day'ers then book a Sunday Driver so we get a decent deal. Play the match on the Sunday then a Monday round for those who can. Just an idea.:whoo:

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As you say... Seaton is Monday only. :mad: Shame as it would have been convenient as well as different on links.

A Slaley meet would be good..... we've 3 guys down here with those vouchers you get when buying Golf Insurance. We maybe able to use them for the one day'ers then book a Sunday Driver so we get a decent deal. Play the match on the Sunday then a Monday round for those who can. Just an idea.:whoo:

Also gives the option for those that drive to have a few sherbets if the choose to stop the night.

I know it's not cheap in the bar but it's a one off so in don't mind paying more.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately Slaley is not on vouchers or not.... best bet is a Sun Driver at £109... then face their drink prices.

What alternatives can you guys find???:thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Wynyard will take visitors at the weekend. I've had a tentative offer of £27, member's guest rates if I book a party of 8+. http://www.wynyardgolfclub.co.uk/home And for anyone wanting to stay over, there's Wynyard Hall hotel next door, which includes a spa for those that need some serious pampering...

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wynyard will take visitors at the weekend. I've had a tentative offer of £27, member's guest rates if I book a party of 8+. http://www.wynyardgolfclub.co.uk/home And for anyone wanting to stay over, there's Wynyard Hall hotel next door, which includes a spa for those that need some serious pampering...

Bri
That's not bad at all really.....

I'm sure, if there was a party of 28, same turnout as the Leeds game, then.......
Due to the decent size party
And
Your undoubted charm ;)
Then I'm certain, You could probably squeeze some kind of deal
I've got every faith in you......:thup:

I will make a couple of enquiries too

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've booked our society at Slaley and they do do offers, let me know if you are booking there as I got an email a while ago that I can dig out about offers for both you lot and our booking.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Bri
That's not bad at all really.....

I'm sure, if there was a party of 28, same turnout as the Leeds game, then.......
Due to the decent size party
And
Your undoubted charm ;)
Then I'm certain, You could probably squeeze some kind of deal
I've got every faith in you......:thup:

I will make a couple of enquiries too

Wynyard sounds good :)

Saturdays is 10:30am for parties, and 11:30am for Sundays. There are packages if meals are required too.