Ryder Cup Style...North east 'v' Yorkshire II

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With 17 names we have two options; if we have one no show, its 4x 4balls - but please, if anyone is thinking of dropping out don't just be a no-show. Post up on here. And our other option is singles stableford with all the scores added together.

Whatever happens we'll have individual stableford scores to 'divvy up' some prizes.

There is a very decent driving range and practice area for those that like to work up a sweat - don't ask me what it costs or whether its tokens or cash in a slot machine - I don't do practice.

A couple of etiquette points. Golf clothing for the course, but if you want to change to jeans, trainers and tee shirt afterwards, no problem at all. Mobile phones are permitted in the clubhouse and out on the course - just be aware of those around you if you use it out on the course.

I've asked for the yellow tees to be put out. Its long off the whites, and not much shorter off the yellows. So if the yellows are out, that's what we'll use.

Maninblack has arranged a photographer, weather permitting. Photo's of your exquisite swings etc will be available for a small fee - the money going to the H4H day next week. And anyone wishing to make a donation to the charity, there's RickG's H4H thread or give it to one of the guys who are going down there, e.g. 2Blue, Kraxx66666666, or me.

I'll be there from about 10:30, and I'll be sat with a load of cards and the 'black book.' Please cough up your entry money BEFORE you disappear off to the practice area. I'd like it all in and paid to the club at least 30 mins before the first group tee off.

Looking forward to seeing you all. Anyone who has the urge to donate a prize for the day, please do so.

Oh... so no Shell-suits.... now see why the Brancepeth HillBillies are missing :smirk:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope you all have a great day fellas
Look forward to hearing all about it

Especially to see some pics......
As apparently Mr Wayman has a "belter" of a shirt on today......:whistle:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
When I saw Craig in that shirt I thought he'd turned up to tarmac someone's drive!

Thanks again for a great day guys. I'll put up a decent review when I've had time to ease my old aching limbs.

Stu, you're a stuffy... 43pts, inc blobs.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers to bri for sorting a great day really enjoyed it all :)
Course the drink and food

Loved it!!
Said to bee zero on way down if was closer would join holes 8,9,17 do me on that course

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
A huge thank you to all that played today and Bri for organising it. I've not enjoyed a round as much for some time. Great company from Bill aka maninblack and Stu aka Kraxx (Who played out his skin to shoot a gross 77!). Another huge thank you to Bill and his young son for the photos (Bank card at the ready for the online versions).

We lost out again for the trophy but made a tighter game of it this time round. It must be those dodgy N.E handicaps??:lol:
For anyone that dropped out, you missed a cracking day. The course, surroundings, company and food where outstanding.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Bri and everyone else that helped arrange it.

Enjoyable round with Bri and the sand monkey Abdul! Haha.

Also the old man said he enjoyed his round, hopefully have him off a proper handicap before long!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a cracking day, gutted to have missed it and as sods law dictates, even though I'm on-call, my phone never rang once all day.

Mind you being on-call and not being able to play, probably was a good thing as I've been full of snot and I didn't want to pass it on to Kraxx, I've got 5 days of golf coming up with him and having him cough, splutter, whinge, moan and gripe because of an ickle sniffle would be hell no man should have to suffer.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Brian and anyone else involved in arranging a cracking day. It was great to meet and play with some more forumers. Despite the result I enjoyed the course,with the whole set up being top notch. The food was delicious including the yorkshire puds (morale victory for Yorkshire right there). Look forward to the next one. :thup:

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Brian, you organised a fantastic day, great course & facilities - that Roast beef & Yorkshire puddings certainty capped of a brilliant day - Thanks t Bill (MIB) & James (Lump) for a great threesome!! sounds wrong somehow... Good win for the Northeast, quite close again... Just hope I can take my form for the H4H day- See you there Bri & hope to see everyone again next year...

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Such a shame I couldn't play but, as non-playing Captain, I did enjoy watching you guys 'stroke' & dig your way around Bri's course. Will defo be back up to give it a proper go myself before too long..... Bri, you got the guys an excellent deal especially with an outstanding roast dinner to boot..... WELL DONE!!
Congrats to the NE for holding on to the Trophy.... Well played.
Oh & Bill, I lost that slip of paper with the links to the piccies so could you stick it up here please :lol: