Ryder Cup style match YORKSHIRE V NE ... Sun 2nd March

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Perhaps , the "word" to the group in front should have been to be allowed to play through....??

Weird, once said word was had (and it wasn't done politely) we soon pulled way ahead again and the aggrieved group were soon nowhere to be seen behind us.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed, I must say though, I wasny gan a gan on aboot it, but moor allerton looked a bit of alreet like. shag.

Oh aye,

For those that don't know
Greg , actually turned up at the WRONG COURSE on Sunday morning
He was having a tour of Moor Allerton just down the road

The big M on the windows were , no give away.......
He insisted , they could have been fitted upside down , as an intended W , for Wike......:D

Told ya I wouldn't say owt shag , secrets safe pal

On another note......I think there is an exotic shafted TITLEIST driver going up for sale soon :whistle:

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny because that means the penultimate group held your group up for the last three or four holes because our group pulled away from them again dramatically.

Yes , this is probably true also, though damage was done by then

The 13th should have been used as a mark ya balls, and call up, hole, such is the nature/difficulty of the par3
Nobody had common sense to do that, as that would have speeded up play

Then WE Should defenitely have been waved through on 16th tee, as we were all standing on tee, and all 4 of the group in front are over the back, of the green , looking for balls.....??

4hrs 40mins to play 4bb Matchplay format, is ridiculous......:rolleyes:

Worse still, the order was "mysteriously" changed at the 11th hour, to switch my group from 4th to 6th (last) swapping places with YOUR group

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you are always going to have this problem when you have society with golfer's of varying abilities and so on.

Seems a shame that something as minor as this is tainting what was a really good day.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems a shame that something as minor as this is tainting what was a really good day.

MINOR

Minor for you
You werent last out with a group of members standing on a tee box with you for the last 5/6 holes
Minor for you
You were shaking hands on 14th green and then walking to 15th tee whilst the group behind u was on the 12th green
Yes it was very Minor indeed

Would just like to know why after losing atleast 1 hole that groups behind werent invited to play through......??
Thats all

that normally applies to all golfers , even societies of 'varying abilities'

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like I said in the other post I have no idea as to why it was it so slow as we didn't have anyone waiting behind is after the first 2-3 holes.

Maybe something should have been done at the time like the groups asking to play through or asking the people in the group in person why there was a delay rather than it being brought up a day later on here.

End of the day it's been and gone and I wasn't involved in the said incident so I'm only guessing, still a shame to taint what overall was an amazing day.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you are always going to have this problem when you have society with golfer's of varying abilities and so on.

How can you say it was minor when you weren't even involved with it. Try having the same attitude when your waiting on every tee box

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was just putting my view across now people are getting angry with me!?

Should have been brought up after the round on Sunday if the groups behind felt that strongly about it rather than having a go on a Internet forum the day after.

But like I said and others have pointed out I wasn't involved I was only trying to help or give a reason why it may have happend.

Just hope it doesn't cause a problem for future meets and take away from what a good day it was in general and the hard work Dave and others put in to organise the event.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not getting angry and I certainly can't see it affecting any future meets.

I'd want to be told if I had held people up as I'd want to make sure it didn't happen in the future. Maybe the people in that particular group weren't aware, but to be fair it would be hard not to know.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not getting angry and I certainly can't see it affecting any future meets.

I'd want to be told if I had held people up as I'd want to make sure it didn't happen in the future. Maybe the people in that particular group weren't aware, but to be fair it would be hard not to know.

Sorry I just took it the wrong way, just a shame it couldn't have been sorted on the day by the groups involved.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well
We were 2 groups behind so could hardly have a word
But the group concerned should have let the next group play through, and that group should defo have been asking to be allowed to play through
Then I think we would have caught them aswell and pressed to be through

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Somewhere up the 12th I think it was it was pointed out that we had fallen behind by 2 holes, as we were walking off the 12th green the path from the 13th tee passes the 12th green, one chap in my group went over and said something, I wasn't aware he had gone over until he was walking back or what he said, nor am I interested, what is done is done. I seem to remember waiting on the fairway of the 14th and 15th for the green to clear, but then with the 16th being a par 3 things sped up and there was no more delays for us.

I remember the 13th well, as I toed the tee shot into the cabbage just right of the tee, got under the ball for my 2nd and then played the 3rd into the water, so just walked up to the 14th as the other 3 putted out.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many thanks for the compliments guys...it was a pleasure to organise as everyone paid-up promptly & joined in well. I'm pleased about my judgement to go to 7/8ths Handicap as the match could not have been closer as it was decided by a mere 'Half'..... someone's short missed put somewhere!!! but not one of mine, of course :smirk: :cheers:
Sorry about the 11th hour groups switch, (unexplained... sorry) which occurred when me mate Bali volunteered as my right-hand man so needed to be last to supervise 1st tee & bring in the Pin sheets etc. which did work well, BUT unfortunately, & unpredictably, moved the slow group forward.... tho' should still be letting folk through. :confused:
Thanks for not making an issue in the Club-house but am glad to be made aware of it as it helps for future events. :thup:
Speaking of which, I'd have a car load to bring up for a rematch later in the year, no problem + some spare prizes:thup:
As slow play is an issue at the Club, as most, I am campaigning for 'Call-on' holes on the 13th & 16th though they do raise issues of safety but no more so than letting a group drive-on through you while you ball search. So your comments will be helpful & these, & your compliments will be passed on to the Course manager & caterers.
Glad to be meeting many of you'se again at various GM meets in the very near future... please remind me who you are as I am an old man with a very tired brain :whistle: but loving my golf with my growing number of 'Internet Friends' as my wife (yes, am married) so quaintly calls you'se lot.... ruddy hell, NE accent will be as bad as Jim's soon:ears:
See some of you soon:whoo:

PS. Please feel free to mention anything else that may improve the course, etc. that I can pass-on.

Last edited:

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh aye,

For those that don't know
Greg , actually turned up at the WRONG COURSE on Sunday morning
He was having a tour of Moor Allerton just down the road

The big M on the windows were , no give away.......
He insisted , they could have been fitted upside down , as an intended W , for Wike......:D

Told ya I wouldn't say owt shag , secrets safe pal

On another note......I think there is an exotic shafted TITLEIST driver going up for sale soon :whistle:

No driver for sale, Parted with £100 on lessons today, waste of money ,£20 would have cured it:)
Need to be better for Lindrick , cant be letting craig down, then woodhall spa:eek: