Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
Visit site
Luke Donald could not even have dreamt of that shoreline really, let alone not losing a single game!!

Fantastic nerve from Justin Rose 💪

Wyndham Clark not making a 4, when he’s sat in the mayors office off the tee, is really poor for them! Oh well 😂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Wow.

I knew Zach had left some big holes in the team but didn’t expect that.

Great day for Europe,

it’s Game Over unless Johnson can come up with some miraculous rallying call for tomorrow.

The problem is, they don’t have the spirit of Seve, nor the partisan fans. Massive ask for those guys to turn it around.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So all of this "taking 5 weeks off" talk - yanks setting themselves up to say they don't really care about it anyhow?! :ROFLMAO:

Clark on the last - just pure nerves. At least he gave a wry smile as he went back and forth across the green. No sport like it. So tough. Just thinking that almost every shot must feel like taking a penalty in a shoot out. How they do it time and time again.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
What a day of golf that was! Watched from start to finish bar about half an hour when I foolishly thought there'd be a bigger break between the two sessions than there was 😂. Even had it on at the range with my pal and little lad before watching on the big screen in the clubhouse.

Class.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still feel Europe needed spotting of a 2 point lead coming into the singles. So really, just seeing them as 3 points behind. Two sessions to pull them back. Thats the target, very doable, and can see them doing it. Europe got a lot of big plays in their favour today, and the chances of that happening tomorrow are slim. Those three escapes for halves at the end. The play of Rahm, Victor, Rory, and Fitz killing his match off before it even got going. Great nerve and experience from Rose when it came down to it and he was playing alone. That wont repeat to he same level.
Pull it back to 9 to 7 and licking the chops for a great showdown on Sunday.

Swango1980

Visit site
It can be more complicated than that, but how many holes did he contribute today ?
No idea, but by sounds of the interview after, he was garbage. Even Rose was feeling sorry for him. Had he contributed in some big moments, I thought Rose would have highlighted those moments. But he basically just said he was rubbish today but his time will come.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
He need more than that. He’s just not at the level of the others.

That was my thoughts as well. Some serious players on both sides and even though Rose is possibly below the others nowadays he's still got the experience. Macintyre just looked miles off.

The Lion

Visit site
What a truly astonishing day’s golf. The first day in Ryder history without a USA win 👏

Highlights for me included Rahmbo’s two eagles (including a last hole thriller!), FitzRory’s romp, Hovland’s last gasp eagle, and Justin Rose producing a back nine one man show to pilfer a half up the last from dormie two down 🤩

Every player contributed something today too, a true rarity in golfing history 🏆