Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The reason Cantlay is not wearing a cap had been made clear. He caused a rift in US team by saying that they should be paid to play in Ryder Cup (they get paid for Presidents Cup).

He isn't wearing a cap as a protest. This is according to an article on Sky Sports
I can see this discontent spreading wider in the game. Not sure whether I will wear my cap in my club stableford comp tomorrow morning or not. Winners should get a least £10 more than the current £60, and we need to take a stand and send a message to the committee. Members Whatsapp groups all over the nation are probably buzzing with the same issue.

sunshine

Visit site
Two observations so far, or learnings from the Solheim.
1. People need to stop scoffing. Too much scoffing of the European tour.
2. Considering Asia will be the centre of the world in 2075, I’m surprised at the lack of Asian players on the leaderboard.

😬

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on, surely that thing about Cantlay not wearing a hat is a parody. They don't need to wear hats at the Ryder because they don't have their own sponsorships on there. We've seen it with other players in previous years. I'm pretty sure that story about it being a protest has to be a joke. 😆

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Googled Koepka to see if he'd had the balls to comment after this morning and saw this in Twixxer from Paddy Power...

Koepka and Scheffler surely the favourites for the Nicklaus/Jacklin award after conceding every hole of their match with Hovland and Aberg.Touch of class.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Cantley and Clark really need to get something to at least bring that one to a tie. They are playing well enough to do it. Somehow I would prefer to see Clark be the hero than Cantlay though.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The fact that the Americans have played so much better this afternoon merely lays bare the excuses being trotted out before these fourballs started.

For the first three sessions they simply played garbage.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It’s a flurry from USA, nothing more.

Not showing enough to remotely suggest they’ve got the minerals to turn this round tomorrow.