Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Mmmmm, I suspect you would have been very happy for Jones to stay in charge ?. This gives England a chance now.
Not if you don’t get a new coach now. The team that plays in the competition will also be Jones team but with a new coach. They can’t have Borthwick until June apparently?

Yes, I hate the England rugby teams but I respect Eddie Jones as a coach. I listen to GBR pod every week and the players inside the set up think he’s brilliant and they trust his plan.

I think England are worse off in the RWC now.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Not if you don’t get a new coach now. The team that plays in the competition will also be Jones team but with a new coach. They can’t have Borthwick until June apparently?

Yes, I hate the England rugby teams but I respect Eddie Jones as a coach. I listen to GBR pod every week and the players inside the set up think he’s brilliant and they trust his plan.

I think England are worse off in the RWC now.

It's ok the players trusting his plan, but nobody else did. This years England performances have been way below par, WAY below par. Losing to Scotland, then being absolutely pummeled by Ireland in their own backyard, followed by a dismal autumn series which includes losing to Argentina, drawing with a New Zealand team who until 70 minutes in, were way on top then just seemed to switch off, and finally being ripped apart by the Boks.

Jones at one point had a superb gameplan, that blatantly worked as it saw us leave the All Blacks shell shocked at the world cup, however teams have found us out. Stop our power game and we have absolutely nothing. The team are unable to think for themselves and change the plan by themselves on the field if it isn't working.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont think Jones was fully into it now. He seemed to change players and where they played too often, his love of Farrell wasn't good and overall the team seemed clueless all to often.
The change had to come, and I have loved Jones being there but it had to happen now.

Newtonuti

Visit site
I dont think Jones was fully into it now. He seemed to change players and where they played too often, his love of Farrell wasn't good and overall the team seemed clueless all to often.
The change had to come, and I have loved Jones being there but it had to happen now.
Not only Farrell, but his obsession with using Billy Vunipola, when his game is entirely based on power and nothing else, is crazy. Not to mention his intent in play second rows at 6. One positive this year has been Steward, what a full back that bloke's developing into!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Eddie Jones named as Australia coach.

How the hell was there not a non-compete in his contract when he was sacked from England?!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Eddie Jones named as Australia coach.

How the hell was there not a non-compete in his contract when he was sacked from England?!

The biggest issue for me will be how the RFU handled his severance pay. If they paid out his contract in full, he should be on garden leave or at least prevented from taking over another world cup team. If not, the payment should have been severely reduced. Sadly I suspect that he did, in fact, get the full payout wiith no restrictions.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, if he was sacked for poor performance, he was, then why be worried about where he goes to next? His trajectory for England has been downwards for a while, this was hardly a knee jerk decision.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, if he was sacked for poor performance, he was, then why be worried about where he goes to next? His trajectory for England has been downwards for a while, this was hardly a knee jerk decision.

Totally agree on that, my concern if we have handed over a wad of cash to get rid of him with no reduction in that payment if he walks into another job, as he has. Just because we wanted him out, does not mean we cannot engotiate the payment.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally agree on that, my concern if we have handed over a wad of cash to get rid of him with no reduction in that payment if he walks into another job, as he has. Just because we wanted him out, does not mean we cannot engotiate the payment.
My understanding is that Jones had other rugby interests going on, other than concentrating on England.