Rose to be the next British Major winner?

ace_in_the_pack

Medal Winner
Visit site
Last year Luke Donald was far and away the leading British player when it came to competing for major titles, except Monty's Winged Foot incident, but this year he has fallen back a bit and Justin Rose has really started to live up to his potential.

I have just seen a stat saying that, excluding Tiger Woods of course, he had the lowest four-round total of all players to make the cut in all the majors, and did not finish outside the top twelve in 2007.

This is a great achievement and shows consistency, so could he be the one to break the British duck? I think so, although he will still have to beat Tiger, which is easier said than done

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There is no doubting Rose has had a good year, particularly in the Majors.

Either him or Casey to 'do it' next is a very good bet but I still carry some hope that Monty will bag one.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rose or Casey can definitely do it and I think it's just a matter of time, unlike Monty who is too old and fat. They are both athletic and focused which is what todays game is about. Hopefully if Woods doesn't turn up at Wentworth then Rose will take the HSBC World Matchplay. Thank god Padraig won the Open as it was starting to get a bit embarassing for Europe.

JohnWT

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hello, GM asst editor here. Many believe Rose will be the next Brit to claim a Major and he himself thinks he is only missing the vital 1% that could take him to the next level. What's more, he's a genuinely nice bloke and you can read Bill Elliott's fascinating interview with the Hampshire star in the October issue of Golf Monthly (on sale September 6).

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rose has definitely got the most grit of all the brits. Donald looks to me like he doesn't really want to win one. He gets himself in contention, looks uncomfortable then does something silly to take himself straight back out of the mix... like the 9th at the Masters.