Justin Rose, a major contender?

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
I was thinking towards the back end of last season that Justin Rose was in the from of his life. Ranked number 1 on both sides of the Atlantic with GIR.

It seems that he has started where he left off in 2012 and is currently blowing the field away in Abu Dubai.

Surely he's worth a few quid to win a major this year? Or am I blowing cold air?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
No I think your are right in your thinking world no.5 playing great consitant golf.
Has been winning tournaments of greater importance year on year so if that run continues then it could be a major year for JR.

Cragworth

Club Champion
Visit site
I had the same sort of thought at the end of last year when he won in Turkey.
I think he will content for 2 majors this year and possibly win one. He really is playing well at the moment.
Nike Contract next year? LOL

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yep i think so,
judging by his performance in the ryder cup he's definitely not a bottler, i would be comfortable putting some money on him

he's 25/1 to win the masters, quite a good price

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd have to agree defo worth a few quid on for a major.

I'm thinking either the open or the PGA would be good for him. Lovely looking swing that will hold up under the pressure of a major.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, I think Rose could well be the next Brit to win a major for the first time. He's certainly got the game and temperament for it.

Couldn't agree more, his game is polar opposites from what it was a few years ago when he went to the US full time in an aim to improve his all round game. Seems a likeable fella too.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always been a big fan of Rose. Has a great attitude, intelligent and level headed. I just love his swing now, so simple, and he doesn't seem to have any weaknesses in his game.

Always for me he lacked that little bit of self belief, but I don't think that's an issue any more.

We'll worth a few quid I think.

A

Alex1975

One of the best players not to have won a major last year in my opinion. I love his swing!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I'd say he has a better chance of major success that both Lee and Luke

Although to be fair Justin, Luke, lee, Rory , tiger, Kaymer, Ernie , bubba, dufner and several others are all in with a shout of a major this year